couldn't resist...ordered 2 boxes of 08 UD Heroes Baseball

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ok so whats the deal with the un-numbered darker cards in the base set? I got exactly 2 in each box so they must be some sort of parallel but I cant find any info on them? The base set is sort of beige and these are brown and not numbered? I can't seem to find anyting in Beckett about them either? It would be easy to say it's a printing variation but like i said 2 per box and I don't see much variation in the other beige cards?

Also...got a Matt Cain card signed in silver? can't find any info on that either and can't seem to find another silver auto from this set? Also no BV in Beckett???
80 Matt Cain/150 N/A N/A

and here is one on ebay just like mine but not a silver signed auto?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Matt-Cain-Autog...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3a55d49851

I did manage to get a full complete base set and about 70% on a second set.

I pulled one of Charcoal autos with silver ink also. The blue ones #ed to 100 book $25, so I traded mine with a $20 estimated BV. Nice card, though.

John

Nope, didn't get that.

What I did get was majorly shorted on parallels. In the first box, I only got 2 charcoal, 1 brown, 1 red, and 2 emerald parallels. In the second box, I got shorted a hit and only got 2 parallels (1 navy and 1 red) in the whole box. I noticed that most of the packs in both of my boxes only had 7 cards instead of the 8 promised. Turns out that the ones that were missing were the parallels. :mad:

And this just goes to remind me why I don't bust boxes any more.

Looks like I'll be contacting Upper Deck about this fiasco. Good luck to everyone else who ordered boxes from this case. You might need it.

Looks like i got atleast 1 box from the same case you did.

In the first box most of the packs, 71% to be exact were short the parallel & i didnt hit an auto. :mad: The three gu hit packs did however yield 2 inserts in each. Not a very good box. 24 packs = 3 gu, 5 YSL & 5 parallels.

The second box i did hit the 3 gu, 1 auto, 6 YSL & 14 parallels.
josh hamilton purple auto 1/5 & rich hill 4 color patch.