USPS literally "Smoked" My Package!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I didn't even know this thread was still booming..
I would've added my latest adventure that I had with Panini on this list on getting a redemption card sliced out of it's padded mailer by senor slick at the post office. He seemed more interested in getting a Demetrius Byrd Autograph card then I was! Anyhow panini came back through and mailed me a new one that I received 3 weeks ago.

On top of things, everything that I mail priority or has a value above $25-30 is now insured for $100 or $200. So if they really want to destroy my own package, they are going to pay for it!

I hate taking up for the USPS, but your statement is just plain wrong. Do you honestly believe what you typed? You realize that there are no perfect people on this planet don't you? Mistakes and accidents happen. Now I agree that they should not happen at the rate that they do. But to say they should have 100% perfection when delivering that much mail is just plain ignorance. Do you think you could do that job for 10, 20, or 30 years and never make a mistake? Not a single mistake? Come on, I hope no one is nieve enough to think that way.

Im not going to argue with you. I'll keep my mouth shut about the post office, it will just
create angst and tension for the overall topic.

Last edited:
Hi
95% of all burned mail is because some dip was getting his thrills dropping a match or lit cigarette in a mail box and getting a high off destroying someone else property.
The Post Office basic rule is not insured, not responsible.
As for the damaged mail being run over, I would definately take it to the delivering post office and talk to the carrier supervisor. If a carrier is that stupid that he leaves a package behind his truck and then runs over it, he shouldn't be delivering mail.

The first part of this.........yes, that is probably correct. BUT his cards were burned, not the package. Wouldn't the whole envelope be ashes if somebody threw a match in the mailbox?

The second part I agree with 100%.