New Avatar choices

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrong thread

I'll get to the other Jersey requests tomorrow. rangersfan I am not sure I want to set precident with that avatar, I'll discuss it with the mod team

Not sure what would be wrong with it, since I wasn't able to change my user ID before I thought making this would be a fair compromise...

Not sure what would be wrong with it, since I wasn't able to change my user ID before I thought making this would be a fair compromise...

I dont think there is anything "wrong" with it except for the precedent it might set. The mods work very hard making this a great site. If they allow this request, I could see a flood of similar requests that would require even more work that they might not have time to do. Can you imagine all of the possible combinations people could come up with? It might be next to impossible to keep up with them.

Thanks,

Jeff

If people make their own photos and just post it like I did to have it added, then adding it to a misc. folder for avatars shouldn't be that big of a deal I wouldn't think.

rangersfan1982 said:

Changing user ID's isn't allowed, There is no need for compromise (see Below)

Any chance of me getting this avatar since I couldn't change my user id?

Changing your user id is something we have never allowed here(except in the most extreme cases (please see the FAQ for information on that), and has nothing to do with the possibility of getting any avatar you want.

I dont think there is anything "wrong" with it except for the precedent it might set. The mods work very hard making this a great site. If they allow this request, I could see a flood of similar requests that would require even more work that they might not have time to do. Can you imagine all of the possible combinations people could come up with? It might be next to impossible to keep up with them.

Thanks,

Jeff

Thank You Jeff.

If people make their own photos and just post it like I did to have it added, then adding it to a misc. folder for avatars shouldn't be that big of a deal I wouldn't think.

Our policy on avatars has always been allowing members to use avatars we have uploaded only, if we wanted to allow people to upload their own avatars the system would be set that way.

Do you use other trading boards? Have you seen all of the unnecessary avatars that people upload? GIFs and whatnot? The Bench has always strived to keep the site clean/easy to use/ and uncluttered Mainly pertaining to avatar choices and Images in Signatures.

The introduction of Player Jerseys was the first time we ever specifically took requests for avatars. I have done my best to keep up with requests but unfortunately avatars fall to the bottom of my priority list as far as My daily Bench work is concerned.

There are over 1000 Sports related avatars that we currently have uploaded for our users to choose from. I have already put more time into avatars than I ever wanted to.

Your request for the four team avatar is currently denied, as I do not want precident set for me to have to upload avatars from any city that has 3-10 Sports teams within a city. Not everyone can make their own.

My suggestion would be to use a basketball avatar for basketball season, Football for football, etc. Like many of our users already do.

-Nick

Last edited:
There is a reason The Bench is the BEST. The Mod Team is EXCELLENT at what they do. (for FREE by the way!) This site is run as well, if not better than any site of it's kind. Why some people are always looking to change it, I'll never understand. I get tired of seeing it, so I can't imagine what it's like for the Mods. This site will be here for our kids because of the way it is ran.

Thanks
Craig

Status
Not open for further replies.