just a silly thought

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

baseballtracy67

Rookie
4.80 star(s)
just a silly thought, so many times i read posts on here and sometimes ill spend like 2 minutes looking for the "like" button and then realizing this isnt facebook... i was just thinking it would be kind of fun having a like button for posts on here... i know it probably wont happen but atleast have you guys ever looked for the like button :D

Isn't that what the Rate Thread option is for?

Yes it is, Rarely tends to get used, I understand that a like button would be an easier way of doing that, but the rate thread option is already there. Not sure if I see the necessity of an added button to clog up the way individual posts look any further. Will talk it over with the team though.

I've thought about this too. Might free up a bunch of wasted space in the TTM second if People could just "like" a success instead of the generic and useless "congrats" posts.

I've thought about this too. Might free up a bunch of wasted space in the TTM second if People could just "like" a success instead of the generic and useless "congrats" posts.

It would do that, however, (and I don't advocate abusing this at all) Congrat posts are a nice way for people to interact on the site as well as help their post totals increase. If we added a like button it wouldnt count as a post, which I think may actually anger more members than please them.

I am not a big fan of people going back and "Congrat"ing The past 20 Success threads at one time, I would prefer they do them as they see a success post come up, so the "New Posts" page doesnt get filled up with 20 Success threads last posted on by one user. But it is a nice way to interact with members and validate their collections.

It would do that, however, (and I don't advocate abusing this at all) Congrat posts are a nice way for people to interact on the site as well as help their post totals increase. If we added a like button it wouldnt count as a post, which I think may actually anger more members than please them.

I am not a big fan of people going back and "Congrat"ing The past 20 Success threads at one time, I would prefer they do them as they see a success post come up, so the "New Posts" page doesnt get filled up with 20 Success threads last posted on by one user. But it is a nice way to interact with members and validate their collections.

I could see that side of it too. I think the feelings and opinions on this are going to vary as much as our collections do. The fact that things like post totals or getting "congrats"ed on auto successes matter to some people confounds me. I have essentially stopped posting successes because there is little to no dialog in those forums. In fact I don't often check them either because I know exactly what every comment besides the first one is going to be.

Anyway to each his/her own. So long as people are enjoying themselves then it's always worthwhile visiting the bench.

Peace & Love
~Ed