Fake Pujols autos?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

It's possible. I came across one today at a local card show that was a 06 bowman chrome /7 not encased. I told that dealer that some of these floating around might be fakes. He tried to tell me that since it had the sticker on the back that it was real. He was shocked when I told him that people were removing them from other cards and adding them to the backs of fakes. It amazes me what people are willing to do to make a buck.

Fakes.

The sellers I'm sure took the original case something came in and placed the Pujols in there. There is no 2006 Bowman Original auto of Pujols with those cards and only six total of his 1/1s from the set with two more of 44 and 50 that book at $300.

Last edited:
Thats exactly what I thought. I was under the impression that only Bowman products were included in the Bowman originals buybacks so the T206 and Heritage should have no place being there. But as Vlad said maybe the seller has no idea because it does have an official holo on the back.

I sent the seller a message asking for more details, since its 130am over here in the UK I doubt I'll get a response until morning, if I get a response at all.

First off that Heritage auto is horrible! Nothing about the auto is smooth like some one's normal signature is.

I agree that the first one is TOTALLY fake without any question and I haven't even seen an auto from Albert before...the second could be real, but if it is the same seller as the first I would say it is probably as authentic as the first one..

Here is a pic of a real Pujols auto. I got this IP and watched him sign it. Looks nothing like either of the ones he has.

DSC00152.jpg

I agree...autos def change over time...I've gotten Brett Myers in person 3 different times and all 3 times he signed my cards diffrently

You might be able to get someone at Topps to verify the serial numbers on the stickers - they were probably assigned to different cards.

You might be able to get someone at Topps to verify the serial numbers on the stickers - they were probably assigned to different cards.

I've been trying to find the Topps site that I can enter those codes but I'm having no luck finding it.
Thanks for everyones input.

Edit:
Just got a response from the seller:

"they are hand signed single cards they did not come from packs."

Still doesnt look right.