Bench Points and Trades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All in all I just want to says Thanks to the Mod team and I think it is time for us to keep our trust in the like we always do and move on and keep making the Bench better.Thanks

Mr Mopar,
I've got 6 "attaboys!" that I'll trade you for 2 EX or better w/ southern dialects "wassup"s.

Post if you agree.
Paul

:confused:
:eek:
Have 1 "WAY TO GO!"
Need 1 "YOU DA MAN!"
:D
will add in a bonus "fugghedaboudit" (a truly tough pull!)

;)

I agree all the way around. Cheating never crossed my mind; I am here to learn about this darn hobby, lol. Well more about it. Trading is a side benefit, but it also speaks to the integrity of the group and each trader involved, so with that aspect I think these people need to be called out, but does that mean they need to be held publicly accountable. Again in some ways yes, but quite frankly I don’t want to know who they are; at least I don’t want to see a list of these people involved. After all I don’t recall seeing in the TOS for this group you will be judged and humiliated publicly. I do think this is a serious affect to the group and an affront to all members in the group. So I think the mods have their hands full here. But as a member of the group working to build my positive reputation, I think these people who were involved should be either banned, and or shall I say watched very closely. Memberships can be suspended and or outright banned as per the guidelines, and that’s the mods decision(s). I do think that if these people are going to stay in the group their numbers should be wiped clean and start over from scratch with any other restrictions the mods deem necessary. Mostly because it’s these people impugning the group, and every members reputation in the group.
Ah well that’s my rambling and my 2 bits the mods can take care of this issue, sad to see it happen here, but it does need to be dramatically dealt with in my opinion.
Dave

If someone does not know this rule though, I think it's unfair to give a warning or anything for it. Just my personal opinion.

There is no excuse for not knowing the rules. By agreeing to the terms of membership on this site, when signing up, each one of us is stating that we have read and understood all of the rules . Anyone who starts out by lying that they read and understood the rules, and then starts whining about how ignorant they are of the rules, should be suspended until they read the rules.

Thanks for the heads up as to what is going on. It should be noted that as long as "The Bench" stays popular and relavant, this type of thing will probably happen again. It makes me feel good to know that we have a mod team who works as hard as they do.

Thanks,

Frank

I am torn b/w calling out the individuals that did this and posting them for all to see or just allowing the mods to take care of it. I think they have done a good job in letting us all know what is and has been going on. I know I will never participate in a trade of some sort like this.

From my trades on here, I will say that I have throughly enjoyed it. There have been a few trades in which the post office has lost cards I have mailed and I know this happens to us all. But my problem is, and to those who have traded with me hopefully can vouch for me, that I am more then willing to work out something if this type of problem arises. A time or two I have been treated not so nice, even after I offered to send back original cards or others. For others, I have worked out trades and it has been a smooth transaction. I just think that some rush to judgment to quick and demand something happen right then and there.
Maybe this has nothing to do with this topic but sometimes I think respect has been thrown out the window.

Just my $.02 on this.

I for one really enjoy this site and meeting others and have met some really cool and nice individuals and am thankfully that the mods take care of any problem traders out there.

Last edited:
I am torn b/w calling out the individuals that did this and posting them for all to see or just allowing the mods to take care of it. I think they have done a good job in letting us all know what is and has been going on. I know I will never participate in a trade of some sort like this.

From my trades on here, I will say that I have throughly enjoyed it. There have been a few trades in which the post office has lost cards I have mailed and I know this happens to us all. But my problem is, and to those who have traded with me hopefully can vouch for me, that I am more then willing to work out something if this type of problem arises. A time or two I have been treated not so nice, even after I offered to send back original cards or others. For others, I have worked out trades and it has been a smooth transaction. I just think that some rush to judgment to quick and demand something happen right then and there.
Maybe this has nothing to do with this topic but sometimes I think respect has been thrown out the window.

Just my $.02 on this.

I for one really enjoy this site and meeting others and have met some really cool and nice individuals and am thankfully that the mods take care of any problem traders out there.

You are a model Bench citizen. Things do get lost in the mail. Hopefully it is only 1% of the time.

I have been debating as to whether I would comment on this thread but I guess I will throw my two cents into the ring. Being someone who spent the majority of my life in the military I have learned to follow rules. They are there for a reason. I tend to be a person who is not very forgiving of someone who tends to break the rules. If someone chooses to break those rules then I am all for banning that person or persons for good. I for one have complete faith in the moderators on this site. I do not trade on any other site and do not plan on doing so in the future. If two people have a problem with a trade then they should be able to work it out. If not then maybe it is time to find another hobby. I talk and trade on this site to get away from the other stuff that comes with every day life. I know that the moderators will do what is right and continue to make this the best trading site around.

Thank you.

Bryon

It doesnt make any sense just to pad your trades, its not like there is a special prize to it.

Have 1 "WAY TO GO!"
Need 1 "YOU DA MAN!"
:D
will add in a bonus "fugghedaboudit" (a truly tough pull!)

;)

DEAL! ;)

There is a lot of behind-the-scenes work that takes place on these cases that is not brought out in front of the general membership. I personally have been on staff since 2004 and can say there have only been a handful of times that I did not agree or did not eventually agree with the outcome of a decision we have made. Nothing is perfect.

The toughest job we have is separating the small hiccups from the major issues when everything is brought to us at one time. We have a solid staff on board and every single one of us is all about putting the community's best interests first.

Anyone who is trading on here (whether it be a day or 5 years) should feel comfortable that 99.9% of their trading is going to go without a hitch and that all issues will be addressed as necessary.

In lieu of all the previous comments, I would state that we have never suspended or booted anyone without a fair warning or a very forward reason to do so immediately. There are only a handful of members that are NEVER welcomed back. The majority of the people suspended will receive a 2nd chance once their suspension is up and time has been served (if they choose to take it). Likewise, there have been countless times we have issues warnings and the member has been perfect since receiving it. That is the end goal of the system. Root out the bad, get everyone in line with the active policies, and have fun trading cards.

It doesnt make any sense just to pad your trades, its not like there is a special prize to it.

Shoot. All these trades and nothing to show for it. My wife will be so disappointed. Oh yeah, wait, I have a whole closet full of cards now...

I think The Dog Hollerer gave probably the best reason, but as suggested by others, there are many reasons. I'll just agree with everyone that the Mods have handled it well and in a way that doesn't interrupt any of the trading that is going on here. Thanks Mod staff!

Shoot. All these trades and nothing to show for it. My wife will be so disappointed. Oh yeah, wait, I have a whole closet full of cards now...

my bad, i meant by the amount you have. there is no cash or card prizes offered here for reaching a certain amount of trades other than the profit you make here and the new cards you gain.

my bad, i meant by the amount you have. there is no cash or card prizes offered here for reaching a certain amount of trades other than the profit you make here and the new cards you gain.

Sorry - it's my attempt at sarcasm that was bad :eek: . Definitely no prize for having a higher amount of trades, so my wife would question the sanity of it all. Hasn't stopped me yet though...