Braves Meet The Prospects Day

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChillTown

Pro
5.00 star(s)
The Braves had most of their Top prospects in town this week at Turner Field, which was capped off today with a meeting session for season ticket holders. GM Frank Wren spoke for about an hour, then everyone was allowed to meet the prospects and have them sign items. Unfortunately, It was last second, so I took the kids and we all brought a ball (didn't really prepare). They filled up the ball with autos. Very cool day. My 4 year old son had the Braves Top Prospect, Julio Teheran, sign his Nintendo DS..lol :rolleyes:

I had Julio Teheran, Randell Delgado, Dismather Delgado, and Juan Abreu all sign a bumper sticker and the rest all signed a ball. Here are a couple quick pictures I snagged with my phone.

Items Signed
items.jpg

Top Prospect Julio Teheran
JT.jpg

Top Pick in 2010- Matt Lipka
Lipka.jpg

congrats,i have been meaning to get a lipka card, he is a local kid here that seems to have a bright future..

thanks guys, it was fun. Some great stories were told by Frank Wren, and we got to speak to him a little bit and he took pictures with my kids. I told Wren my son wasn't interested in his auto until I told him "you were the guy that picks kids to be play on the Braves". he told my son, "that's right, you better be good to the GM". (son is 4..lol). Probably the best season ticket holder event i've been too, and i've been to about 5 or 6 of them. Great day for the PC. Also Teheran was cracking up about signing a nintendo DS, he had no clue where to sign it. great day.

Great stuff. I have gotten all of those guys here with the MS Braves except Lipka and maybe he will make it sometime this year. How was Juan Abreu? He was hilarious here. He saw that I had about 20 cards on Randall Delgado and said he was jealous I wasnt getting him to sign cards. I told him he didnt have any to get. The next day, he brought me two of his Wilmington cards signed lol.

Ellis- That's funny, actually I did get a laugh out of Juan Abreu. My 4 year old son handed Abreu the ball, then propped his elbows up on the table and rested his head on his hands while Abreu signed the ball. After Abreu signed the ball he laughed at what my son was doing (because he just kept staring at him), I spoke up and said to my son “it’s tough work getting all these autograph’s, isn’t it buddy”. Abreu said something funny, slips my mind now. But you could tell he seems like a fun kid. Wren was bragging on him earlier, Abreu must have an amazing fastball.

dbarbos- Julio got a kick out of it. In two weeks there is a 3 day show in Atlanta and Julio is signing items for $20. I may get another ball, just so I can get him and my son in a picture holding the DS.