1991 Fleer Baseball Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ben-jammin

Prospect
Updates:
2/11/11 587/708 82.91%
3/2/11 597/708 84.32%
4/1/11 601/708 84.89%
4/13/11 615/708 86.86%
6/28/11 628/708 88.70%
10/11/11 638/708 90.11%

My set is currently at 638 signed of 708 player cards (90.11% complete). Looking for help on any of the remaining 70 players listed.

4 Todd Burns A's
10 Rickey Henderson A's
18 Mike Moore A's
27 Bob Welch A's
29 Wally Backman Pirates
33 Barry Bonds Pirates
57 Glenn Braggs Reds
68 Barry Larkin Reds
71 Rick Mahler Reds
73 Randy Myers Reds
93 Dwight Evans Red Sox
96 Mike Greenwell Red Sox
104 Rob Murphy Red Sox
124 Barry Jones White Sox
128 Carlos Martinez White Sox
133 Melido Perez White Sox
137 Bobby Thigpen White Sox
152 Howard Johnson Mets
154 Kevin McReynolds Mets
156 Bob Ojeda Mets
169 George Bell Blue Jays
176 Tom Henke Blue Jays
184 Luis Sojo Blue Jays
195 Hubie Brooks Dodgers
214 Eddie Murray Dodgers
241 Otis Nixon Expos
244 Tim Raines Expos
248 Nelson Santovenia Expos
254 Steve Bedrosian Giants
258 Gary Carter Giants
271 Ernest Riles Giants
280 Kevin Belcher Rangers
296 Geno Petralli Rangers
299 Kenny Rogers Rangers
302 Nolan Ryan Rangers
303 Ruben Sierra Rangers
323 Johnny Ray Angels
328 Devon White Angels
330 Cliff Young Angels
341 Chet Lemon Tigers
343 Jack Morris Tigers
344 Lloyd Moseby Tigers
364 Tom Candiotti Indians
368 Keith Hernandez Indians
404 Chuck Malone Phillies
412 Dickie Thon Phillies
450 Ken Griffey, Jr. Mariners
455 Randy Johnson Mariners
456 Jeffrey Leonard Mariners
458 Tino Martinez Mariners
463 Dave Valle Mariners
490 Cal Ripken, Jr. Orioles
494 Mickey Tettleton Orioles
515 Mike Scott Astros
533 Bruce Hurst Padres
536 Fred Lynn Padres
543 Calvin Schiraldi Padres
550 Luis Aquino Royals
552 George Brett Royals
576 Chris Bosio Brewers
601 Robin Yount Brewers
607 Tim Drummond Twins
615 Gene Larkin Twins
622 Junior Ortiz Twins
655 Oscar Azocar Yankees
659 Chuck Cary Yankees
665 Mel Hall Yankees
677 Dave Righetti Yankees
687 Nick Esasky Braves
691 Tommy Gregg Braves

Ben,
I was working on this set in the early 1990s myself and got about halfway through before stopping. Mine are all in-person and I kept track of the dates that I got them.

In 1992, I switched my efforts to the 1991 Studio set and I'm still working on that one (in-person, of course, which makes it nearly impossible anymore). I have traded and purchased a few in recent years but they have "asterisks" on them, so-to-speak, until I can find a way to get them in-person.

According to my database, here are some that I can offer from my duplicates alone...

20 Dave Otto, 7/6/91, Cleveland
67 Danny Jackson, 7/19/92, Pittsburgh
336 Travis Fryman, 6/3/91, Cleveland
348 Tony Phillips, 5/31/91, Cleveland
357 Lou Whitaker, 5/31/91, Cleveland
374 Steve Oline, 4/20/91, Cleveland (deceased)
449 Alvin Davis, 5/15/91, Cleveland
478 Tim Hulett, 6/27/91, Cleveland
508 Bill Gullickson, 6/3/91, Cleveland
571 Kurt Stillwell, 8/4/91, Cleveland
580 Rob Deer, 5/31/91, Cleveland
612 Mark Guthrie, 5/16/92, Cleveland
618 Shane Mack, 6/14/91, Cleveland
668 Roberto Kelly, 5/20/91, Cleveland
675 Pasqual Perez, 5/21/91, Cleveland

There's no telling how many I have in my PC.

Going through this list brought back many fond memories of my free, less-troubled days of chasing players from hotel to old Cleveland Stadium (many would walk and they were easy targets). Hotel & stadium security was much less a hassle, too. I spent a lot of time down there the summers of 1991-1993 and when the new stadium opened it became much more difficult. I still get them on occasion but not like the early 90s when I could come home with 20-30 autographs a day.

Enough war stories.

It will take me awhile to pull these and confirm availability as they are a bit buried in my collection. However, they should all be there as I don't trade IP autos too often. I genuinely cherish them and have mixed feelings about trading them. I have two kids to pass them to (and they'll break my heart some day and sell them off probably!).

Any chance you've picked up any 1991 Studio over the years? It's the black-and-white set.

Michael

Ben,
I was working on this set in the early 1990s myself and got about halfway through before stopping. Mine are all in-person and I kept track of the dates that I got them.

In 1992, I switched my efforts to the 1991 Studio set and I'm still working on that one (in-person, of course, which makes it nearly impossible anymore). I have traded and purchased a few in recent years but they have "asterisks" on them, so-to-speak, until I can find a way to get them in-person.

According to my database, here are some that I can offer from my duplicates alone...

20 Dave Otto, 7/6/91, Cleveland
67 Danny Jackson, 7/19/92, Pittsburgh
336 Travis Fryman, 6/3/91, Cleveland
348 Tony Phillips, 5/31/91, Cleveland
357 Lou Whitaker, 5/31/91, Cleveland
374 Steve Oline, 4/20/91, Cleveland (deceased)
449 Alvin Davis, 5/15/91, Cleveland
478 Tim Hulett, 6/27/91, Cleveland
508 Bill Gullickson, 6/3/91, Cleveland
571 Kurt Stillwell, 8/4/91, Cleveland
580 Rob Deer, 5/31/91, Cleveland
612 Mark Guthrie, 5/16/92, Cleveland
618 Shane Mack, 6/14/91, Cleveland
668 Roberto Kelly, 5/20/91, Cleveland
675 Pasqual Perez, 5/21/91, Cleveland

There's no telling how many I have in my PC.

Going through this list brought back many fond memories of my free, less-troubled days of chasing players from hotel to old Cleveland Stadium (many would walk and they were easy targets). Hotel & stadium security was much less a hassle, too. I spent a lot of time down there the summers of 1991-1993 and when the new stadium opened it became much more difficult. I still get them on occasion but not like the early 90s when I could come home with 20-30 autographs a day.

Enough war stories.

It will take me awhile to pull these and confirm availability as they are a bit buried in my collection. However, they should all be there as I don't trade IP autos too often. I genuinely cherish them and have mixed feelings about trading them. I have two kids to pass them to (and they'll break my heart some day and sell them off probably!).

Any chance you've picked up any 1991 Studio over the years? It's the black-and-white set.

Michael

Michael,

Thanks for the post. I was born and raised in Upper St. Clair, PA just south of Pittsburgh and all my IP autographs from this set were either from Pittsburgh for NL teams or Cleveland for AL teams (by way of parents rotating driving my buddies and me on weekends as I was only 13 in 1991). Funny thing is, I'm sure that we probably ran into each other in Cleveland back in the 90's at the team hotels or the old Cleveland Stadium trying to get autographs. I agree with you how easy it was to get autographs back then compared to today. I'm sure you were taking the same road trips to Pittsburgh to get NL teams in person since there was no such thing as Interleague baseball back then!

As awesome as it would be to have this whole set signed IP, I eventually resorted to TTM, trading, and even have bought some of the tougher ones on ebay from reputable dealers. I would love to add your duplicates to my collection, but I can understand if you may not want to trade them since they are ALL IP. But if we can work something out, it would put me over the 600+ mark which was my original target goal I set for this set. I'm shooting for a complete set now and using technology like this site and others to get as close as I can has definitely helped. But nothing can beat getting an IP success! Unfortunately, I do not think I have any 1991 Studios to trade you, but I can definitely double check my personal collection though. Like you, I have a kid now and eventually everything will be passed on to him someday.

Well, let me know if we can work something out. If there are any specific players you are looking for, please let me know. Again, I will check to see if I have any 91 Studios, but I know most of my cards from these years were Topps, Fleer, and Upper Deck (especially Upper Deck since I thought they were the best cards ever as a kid when they came out in 1989!)

Again, I appreciate the post. It definitely brought back some great memories of graphing in-person some 20+ years ago!

Thanks,
Ben

i have these -

69 Tim Layana Reds blue sharpie
571 Kurt Stillwell Royals blue sharpie

used to get autos at mud hens , tigers ,and canton-akron games in the 90's. i would be interested in any and all derek jeter cards you may have in return. thanks -

Updated list on first thread post. Knocked off 10 set hits recently thanks to TTM, trades, and purchase.

20 Dave Otto A's TTM
69 Tim Layana Reds (deceased) trade with staduimjunkie :)
191 Frank Wills Blue Jays JSA certified Ebay purchase
261 Kelly Downs Giants JSA certified Ebay purchase
291 Mike Jeffcoat Rangers TTM
428 Jeff Pico Cubs trade with McGillicutty :)
442 Scott Bankhead Mariners TTM
530 Atlee Hammaker Padres TTM (signed in ballpoint pen)
539 Dennis Rasmussen Padres TTM
571 Kurt Stillwell Royals TTM

Down to 111 player cards remaining.

Thanks,
Ben

Does anyone know if it is possible to post pics on here of images that are scanned through .pdf (Adobe Acrobat)? I would like to share all the pics of my 1991 Fleer signed baseball set with everyone on The Bench. The entire 720 card set is broken down into 80 scanned .pdf images (9 cards/scan). Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ben

Off the top of my head, these players are regular signers TTM.

119 Laser Lane Weatherford, TX 76087-4006

323 Johnny Ray Angels
12470 S 432 Chouteau, OK 74337

679 Steve Sax Yankees
201 Wesley Court Roseville, CA 95661

From a few members on here, Will Clark was signing via ST. You might be able to get him by sending to SF Giants when season starts this weekend.

Off the top of my head, these players are regular signers TTM.

119 Laser Lane Weatherford, TX 76087-4006

323 Johnny Ray Angels
12470 S 432 Chouteau, OK 74337

679 Steve Sax Yankees
201 Wesley Court Roseville, CA 95661

From a few members on here, Will Clark was signing via ST. You might be able to get him by sending to SF Giants when season starts this weekend.

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, I'm 0 for 2 each with both Petralli and Ray TTM. I sent to Clark earlier this month to the Giants, not ST, hopefully he'll get my card this weekend. Sax just went out recently when I started to see all the successes, I hope I didn't miss the boat with him!

Johnny Ray has been a hit and miss for the past year or so. I pressed my luck and got it back in 7 days at that address. Hope this helps

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, I'm 0 for 2 each with both Petralli and Ray TTM. I sent to Clark earlier this month to the Giants, not ST, hopefully he'll get my card this weekend. Sax just went out recently when I started to see all the successes, I hope I didn't miss the boat with him!

Updated list on first thread post. Knocked off 4 set hits recently.

197 Tim Crews (deceased) PSA certified
505 Glenn Davis TTM w/ donation
623 Kirby Puckettt (deceased and HOF) PSA certified
679 Steve Sax TTM

Again, anyone who knows how to post pdf scans to this site, please let me know.

Regards,
Ben

Updated list on first thread post. Knocked off another 14 set hits recently thanks to TTM and trades.

67 Danny Jackson Reds trade with tribefan :)
319 Kirk McCaskill Angels TTM
336 Travis Fryman Tigers trade with tribefan :)
348 Tony Phillips Tigers trade with tribefan :)
357 Lou Whitaker Tigers trade with tribefan :)
374 Steve Olin Indians (deceased) trade with tribefan :)
449 Alvin Davis Mariners trade with tribefan :)
478 Tim Hulett Orioles trade with tribefan :)
508 Bill Gullickson Astros trade with tribefan :)
580 Rob Deer Brewers trade with tribefan :)
612 Mark Guthrie Twins trade with tribefan :)
618 Shane Mack Twins trade with tribefan :)
668 Roberto Kelly Yankees trade with tribefan :)
675 Pascual Perez Yankees trade with tribefan :)

Down to 93 player cards remaining.

Thanks,
Ben

Updated list on first thread post. Knocked off another 13 set hits recently thanks to TTM and purchases.

3 Lance Blankenship A's Chris Potter Sports
5 Jose Canseco A's Chris Potter Sports
143 David Cone Mets JSA certified Ebay purchase
259 Will Clark Giants TTM
335 Cecil Fielder Tigers JSA certified Ebay purchase
342 Lance McCullers Tigers TTM
437 Jerome Walton Cubs JSA certified Ebay purchase
527 Joey Cora Padres TTM
537 Mike Pagliarulo Padres Chris Potter Sports
565 Bill Pecota Royals TTM
634 Pedro Guerrero Cardinals JSA certified Ebay purchase
673 Don Mattingly Yankees JSA certified Ebay purchase
701 Victor Rosario Braves JSA certified Ebay purchase

Down to 80 player cards remaining.

Thanks,
Ben

Are you near an Eastern League team? If so catch the B-Mets when Wally Backman comes to town. He signed an 83 Fleer for my set when they came through NH earlier in the season. Very friendly and will guy. Also Chili Davis could be had through the AAA IL league with the Paw Sox. I got him TTM this past Spring Training.

Good luck!

Thanks for the info Mort. I actually sent to Backman TTM to the B-Mets but have not gotten it back. Due to prior commitments, I missed the last Paw Sox-Lehigh Valley series a few weekends ago. I wanted to try and get Davis for my set and Sandberg a few times if possible. The Iron Pigs will be back in a few weeks again. I'm in the South Shore in MA, so I'll have to check out how close the Eastern League to me. Pawtucket is only about 30 min away from me. The Brockon Rox don't play too far from me and its not too hard to get IP autographs there. Do you need Tim Raines, Ron Karkovice, or Jim Leyritz for your set? They all coach the Newark Bears and I can get them if you need.

The Brockon Rox don't play too far from me and its not too hard to get IP autographs there. Do you need Tim Raines, Ron Karkovice, or Jim Leyritz for your set? They all coach the Newark Bears and I can get them if you need.
I checked the NH Fishercats schedule and the B-Mets are done coming to town this year. This may seem like a long way off but if Backman is there in '12, keep me in mind.

Are you going to hit any Brockton Rox games in the next couple weeks? I could send you some cards for a 50/50 if you'd like.

Good luck!
mort-

I finally hit the 90% mark on my 708 card set!!! Updated list on first thread post. Knocked off another 10 set hits recently thanks to TTM and purchases.

116 Wayne Edwards TTM
275 Jose Uribe (deceased) JSA certified Ebay purchase
309 Chili Davis TTM
313 Chuck Finley JSA certified Ebay purchase
318 Mark Langston JSA certified Ebay purchase
347 Dan Petry Chris Potter Sports
351 Mike Schwabe JSA certified Ebay purchase
429 Domingo Ramos JSA certified Ebay purchase
636 Felix Jose JSA certified Ebay purchase
680 Mike Witt JSA certified Ebay purchase

Down to 70 player cards remaining.

Thanks,
Ben

There is a reunion of 86 red sox at upcoming shriners show, can knock off evans and greenwell for sure, I would check that thread and see who is going that might help u out