Would you make this trade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T-206

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
I posted on another site about this trade I was think about doing. So I was wondering if this was a good deal or did I fall flat on my face.

This would be by far my biggest trade ever.

I went to my LCS and I have been eyeballing this card for about 2 months
Its a Joe Jackson gu bat and Jim Thorp GU Jersey in one card. There is only 25 made.

If anything else it does make a good topic

Heres what I traded
2000 Joe Namath SP Authentic Sighn if the times auto 100
Earl Campbell Topps Hawii pro Bowl patch 20.00
Leaf Aaron Rogers rc 30.00
2007 Michael Vick Prestigius pros gu 12.00
2003 Michael Vick Gu
SPX Demarcus Ware gu 6.00
and a steven Strasburg Bowman sterling. I pulled 2 and keeping one for my self
plus 80.00

I will get the Strasburg in May and in which time I will get the Joe and Jim card. If Strasburg did not sign then ots another 60.00 cash

Let me know your thoughts
He put a value on the card at 300.00

Last edited:
Sounds about right. I have a 2008 Donruss Threads Diamond Kings Joe Jackson GU /25 and I contacted Beckett Select Auctions and they estimated that they could SELL it for $300. So sounds like he could have even asked for more

Sounds about right. I have a 2008 Donruss Threads Diamond Kings Joe Jackson GU /25 and I contacted Beckett Select Auctions and they estimated that they could SELL it for $300. So sounds like he could have even asked for more

who is on this card?
Thanks INow I cant wait for the Strawsburg come in now

Other than the cash, the rest of the cards do nothing for me and I would trade them away w/o even thinking about it.
Joe Namath. Sorry I just added the name. Thank you for your thoughts

It really depends on what you value in your collection. I would not be eager to move a Namath auto, but then again I have grown bored on GU cards, even though some of the early baseball greats are still produced in limited quantities. Again, the rest of the cards would be meaningless to me, so they would be expendable. The Namath and cash are another story.

I personally think the vintage GU cards are grossly overpriced. Considering early jerseys would cost you a fair amount of money if you bought one whole, they can make 100s of GU cards with one and the "value" on the cards combined is probably much more than what a jersey would cost.

It really depends on what you value in your collection. I would not be eager to move a Namath auto, but then again I have grown bored on GU cards, even though some of the early baseball greats are still produced in limited quantities. Again, the rest of the cards would be meaningless to me, so they would be expendable. The Namath and cash are another story.

I personally think the vintage GU cards are grossly overpriced. Considering early jerseys would cost you a fair amount of money if you bought one whole, they can make 100s of GU cards with one and the "value" on the cards combined is probably much more than what a jersey would cost.

True about gameused but you also have to consider Shoeless joe couldnt wright his name so finding an auto pretty much doesnt exist unless you can find his mark (x)