BCCG vs. BGS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whatever

Rookie
5.00 star(s)
I just bought a BCCG graded card of one of my PC players for $5. It would have been a great deal raw at a bit over $5, but this one was graded 10.

What is the difference between BCCG and BGS? Looking at previous auctions, it seems like a BGS graded card would have gone for more.

Any insights would be appreciated.

BCCG is a lower grading service that was available to Collector Club Members and the level of service (grading) was at a lower standard than that of BGS. This means a BCCG graded a 10 could be a 10 BGS but most likely would receive a lower grade if graded by BGS. I hope this helps.

BCCG is a way lower standard than BGS. BGS also gives you grades on the card for centering, edges, corners, etc. I rarley see BGS 10's where you see alot of BCCG 10's. BCCG is a cheaper casing too. BGS is very nice and sturdy. In my opinion BGS is the best of all the grading services with PSA coming in a close second.

bccg

BCCG 6.0 is equal to a PSA SGC or BVG 3.0....Notice the description below the number...ie PSA 5 ex = BCCG 8

Wow! There is that much of a disparity? I have been unable to resist buying some repack blasters that contain BCCG-graded cards. I would love to trade them (three 1990 Topps Traded and a 1989 Upper Deck). Obviously, I'm not expecting a ton for them, but would like someone to be interested in them as more than just rare cards. (It could also be a liability...who wants to crack open a graded card? And who loves Tom Brunansky?)

A card graded bccg 10 should sell at book value. Not several times bv like a bgs or psa 9 or 10 would.