The Passing of a Great Member

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Champs96ws

Bench Founder
5.00 star(s)
Bench Founder
As many of you have read during the coarse of the day. We have lost a great friend and an important piece of this site. Randy Martin aka Fatboycards has been with us since the infancy of The Bench and he always treated everyone with respect be it an old timer or the new guy on the block. We can only hope that others will follow in his footsteps and help guide new members the same way he did.

He was the 39th member of our HOF and he was proud to be a member of our MOD team. His insight and opinions were greatly appreciated on our staff, today we lost a FAMILY member.

We have created a special avatar in memory of Randy, he will be missed.

REST IN PEACE

Randy 2.png

Thanks to Nick for the quick photoshop work.

Last edited:
I have adopted the new avatar for awhile to honor his passion for this site and collecting cards and for his love of the Bengals and Reds..................As Joe Nuxhall use to say at the end of a radio broadcast on WLW 'This is the old left hander rounding third and heading for home, good night everybody"

It goes without saying that we've lost a great friend and family member. RIP, Randy - may you have a box seat at the Great Ballpark in the Sky.

I personally never traded a lot with him, but always enjoyed his posts and comments that he would always leave around the site. He was no doubt one of the best members of this website and will be truly missed by us all. "Gone, but never forgotten"...we will miss you my friend, but know you're still watching down on each one of us applauding the success may have. Rest in peace...

I'm still in disbelief. Randy was a terrific guy, and really one of the builders of the community we have here.

Great work on the avatar, I love it.

I had the pleasure to trade several times with randy.Always fair and honest. RIP Randy.

I had the pleasure to trade several times with Randy.Always fair and honest. RIP Randy.

Thanks for the Avatar in memory of Randy! He was a great friend and moderator of "The Bench"! He was the heart and soul of this great site! Best regards, David

Like many, I never really knew Randy - I don't think I traded with him, either. But I read most of his posts, and was very entertained by all of them. He definitely had everyone's respect. I am sorry for the loss to the people who he was closest to. Rest in Peace. This is a stunner.

I had the pleasure of trading with him a couple times - great person and all around class act. He will be sorely missed

Alex

I am speechless. Randy was a member in my fantasy baseball league, and just took part in our draft this past Sunday.

Randy was a great person, and I know he will be dearly missed.

RIP Randy.