What should i do with this card ????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MetDude

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
ok so without getting in to WHO it is to avoid people trying
to turn this into a trade thread....
I busted a box of bowman chrome about a week ago.
(finally got to sorting the cards today)
Wasnt excited about it at all.
The lone au hit? never heard of the guy

Took a look on ebay turns out my au is selling for 55 to 65
not just on auction , but on BIN as well. A bunch of em.
COOL

Heres what has me baffled. I sign in to Beckett OPG.the BV is 60

the topps chrome heyward AU is also BV 60
ive seen it selling around 35 - 40

Ike Davis triple thread au bv 50 typically sell around 25. give or take 2 bucks
Saw 2 Ike Davis Bowman Sterling refractor au bv 100 sell for around 50
Saw a David Wright Sterling 3GU/AU BV $120 sell for $45
Saw the quad gu/au get listed 2 or 3 times and not get bid on at all (the opening bid was 55 with a bv 150)
Point being , im used to seeing au's sell for 40-60% of beckett BV.
Not at the actual BV
should i
a) Sell it for 60 bucks now as the kid could totally flame out or get hurt
and then just buy a couple cards i really want ?
B) try to trade it ? if so HOW ?
Ive always traded by BV. Its never been a problem.
Trading for an equal BV au thats selling for 30 bucks is clearly shortchanging myself, after all, i could sell it and get 2 of the card im trading for!
but
Telling someone i want a 120 bv card that ive seen selling around 45 just
seems weird and makes me feel like a jerk. :eek:

C) should i just bury this card and pray it totally skyrockets like posey did ?
that would be nice :)

I dont have alot of AU around to trade.
especially ones that are actually HOT HOT HOT and selling at BV
I really dont know what to do.

opinions? objections? rebuttals ?

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Last edited:
Who is the guy? I would sell it...I have recently bought a couple 150 BV cards for under 40....sell it and get some autos cheap

I would think you would have better luck selling it than trading it (trading it at sell value, that is). However, as long as you explain that you're trading at sell value and everyone can see that ebay supports your value estimation, there is certainly no harm in trying that. It's just unlikely that someone looking for that card will have what you want in return. If they're looking for hot prospects, chances are that's all they have to trade.

sell it now.. even if he does explode to Posey like numbers it will be a 120 dollar card.. Is holding it for years worth an extra 60 bucks?

Sell it, how often do you find a card you don't want, that people are dying to buy for $50+?

sell it and get what you want! i would! even though i love that card and would love to have it! won't say who it is but i love it!

I cant tell you what to do but what I will say is what I do. I only have one of that card I would keep it for my pc. Doesnt matter who the player is. But if I had 2 of the same exact card I would keep one and in this situation sell the other. But this is what I do and maybe that is why I have such a massive collection. lol. Good luck on whatever you decide to do. Sounds like a great card.

You could always list it for sale here on the bench and avoid the ebay fees. That way you open it up to folks who might be willing to get you enough PC Ike cards to justify trading it. Or, you could work a card\cash combo.
Just my .02

Sell, sell now, and don't look back. It's tough to trade at sell value, because sell value can change fast. If you discuss trades for few days and he blows out a knee and is lost for months, are you going to trade at the NEW sell value, or is it going to only be that way when it works in YOUR favor? Usually easiest just to sell for what you can get and use those funds to buy what you want.

I would sell it while it is hot. Holding on to cards of non established players who might be the next big thing backfires 9 out of 10 times IMO. If you have no interest in adding the card to your PC then sell it and purchase something that you do want.
Trish

If this is the card you have then it is $80 and not $60.

2010 Bowman Chrome #200A Jason Heyward AU - $80.00

If I did not know the guy or he was not on one of my teams I would sell to further my PC... Get the cash and buy what you want at reduced rates....sounds like a slam dunk !

If this is the card you have then it is $80 and not $60.

2010 Bowman Chrome #200A Jason Heyward AU - $80.00

Its not Heyward.
I compared it to hot RC auto that is the same bv but sells for 20 bucks less..
Sorry for the confusion and, thanks for the effort as well!

If I did not know the guy or he was not on one of my teams I would sell to further my PC... Get the cash and buy what you want at reduced rates....sounds like a slam dunk !

Yes it sure does sound like a slam dunk.
Except ive never sold cards before and only have a personal paypal acct. Ive no clue how to even list a card on ebay, let alone what fees are involved. Ive got no clue how to deal with the income taxes or even if im supposed to report it.

I also wouldnt want to be the guy that sold an
"albert pujols" prospect au card long before he hit the bigs. :eek: