Best Card you've ever pulled

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kirbyfan34

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
For me it was 1997 Donruss Signature Series Notable Nicknames Stan "the Man" Musial #/200.

It was kinda funny too because I worked at K-Mart at the time and we always got the cases of Vintage Sports Cards Boxes back in Sporting Goods with our freight, even though they were technically in the Candy Dept and located up by the service desk. Anyway in the fall of 97 or early 98 we got a bunch of blaster boxes of the 97 sig series. 2 packs 2 autos and and a screwdown holder for 29.99...well even though we were not supposed to do it I went through the box to "stock the freight" and low and behold the 5 boxes of Sig Series would not fit on the shelf, so I took them back to Sporting Goods and went on lunch. Put the boxes on layaway and picked them up on payday. Opened them on lunch and about fainted when I saw the Musial... know it was worth something but had no idea it was worth 300.00 until I looked at the Beckett. The other auto from that box was a Century Marks Wade Boggs. Both of which I have since sold.

in 2006 i went to card shop to buy some baseball boxes and there was none there but there was a box of 2006 bowman chrome football so i bought it i was not into football much but i pulled a redemption for a vince young orange refractor and when i finaly got my card it was vince young jersey number. i was stocked i ended up selling it for 600 to a big vince young fan. my hobby store man sold it for me so he proubly made him some money to

Nothing as big as those above me here but in the past I have pulled a couple of Musial autos, a Pujols auto, a Ripken auto, a triple auto of Ozzie Smith/Bob Gibson/Musial, a Jeter auto/GU #/10 and a Jeter printing plate.

Pulled a 1994 Upper Deck Mickey Mantle/Ken Griffey Jr. dual auto from a box of 2007 UD Spectrum. Still have it only because I can't find a card worth trading it for.

Back in 2002 Flair had jumbo patch box toppers in each hobby box, I pulled a 1/1 Jumbo patch of Pedro Martinez, it was the whole letter "B" from his Red Sox uniform. He was a "hot" pitcher at the time so it wne to Ebay and sold for right around $400.00.
second best pull was probably 01 Bowman Heritage Barry Bonds auto

Mike

Trying to put together a master set of the GN's after pulling this one.............

howard

My favorite was my Nolan Ryan autograph from the Topps Archive set I think back in 04 or 05. The best were my 2006 Alex Gordon Full Card - sold for over $700 and an A & G Chien Ming **** auto that sold for over $300 but I cant remember what year.

Thanks,

Jeff

Mine was out of a 2001 greats of the game blaster. I pulled a feel the game jersey of Babe Ruth. A nice $200 pull and my favorite player to boot. Pat

Back in 03 or 04 I decided I wasn't going to buy packs or boxes anymore, but I went and bought a box of 04 Topps Chrome and pulled a bat knob relic of Yaz, 1 /1.

I think the vast majority of my best pulls were from 05 Absolute Update.
I sold all of these back in 05/06 got 700 for the MAris, 450 for the Ripken and 200 for the Schilling
1/1
Cal1of1.jpg
Cal1of1back.jpg

1/1
SchillFront.jpg
SchillBACK.jpg

2/3
MARISBUTTON.jpg
MARISBUTTONBACK.jpg

2005 Upper Deck Baseball Heroes Roger Maris cut autograph 1/4 - sold it on eBay for roughly $1,000 at the time.

There are some really nice pulls here. I really like the Maris and Mays cards. Nice stuff for sure.

Mine were these 2 cards only. I don't open any new cards, and haven't since 2006 or 2006. Before that, I didn't open too much, but had these 2 real nice cards that I still wish I owned today. I regretfully sold them years back.

I bought 4 Hobby Boxes of 2002 Topps Heritage and pulled the Mays from one of those boxes. I purchased the remains of an opened and searched box of 2001 Topps from WalMart, and pulled the Aaron.

aaronandmaysautos.jpg

Tom

I would have to say both of these

DSC02161-1.jpg
scan0005.jpg

that george washington is SICK!
my best $$$ pull was a jordan auto from a 99-00UD retro lunchbox. we were getting the box/lunchboxes at closeout for $30 each. pulling autos like wilt, russell, west, cousy, havlicek - it was crazy! sold the MJ to dave & adams for $5,500. same time frame (2001?) my buddy pulled an MJ auto floor card from another product. he DROVE 500 miles and delivered it to dave & adams for something like $16 or 17 grand. obviously, times have changed!
my best box was probably a stadium club that had a mays/aaron co-signers. sold it for $300 or $400 - full book at the time - wish i had that one back! the same box had an impossible to pull pujols quad - bat/hat/jersey/spikes.
other notable boxes that were current at the time:finest grant hill rookie year that had 4-6 refractors per pack - but no g.hill! also a 99 bowmans best FB box with 4-6 refractors per pack plus r.moss auto & staubach/dorsett dual auto.
another nice hit was a 2003 sp cuts dizzy dean cut #/8 - sold for $1100 cash. nice cash score but i bought 8 boxes so it cost me $800 to pull it!