My R.A. Dickey PC (Photo heavy)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stang66dad

Prospect
Here is my R.A. Dickey PC.. It's starting to get harder to find these older rare cards. I can't find any of the 2005 plates anywhere haha. Hope you like it. Here is my web page featuring have and want lists!!: http://dickeyscollection.webs.com/

As far as why I chose to collect Dickey. Well it's kind of silly, but when I was eleven years old (when he was drafted) I thought it was the coolest thing that only one Major league baseball player had the same last name as me. That's really how it started. He was a pitcher and so was I... I followed him over the years and watched him go up and down between the majors and minors.. I remember watching the game on TV where he was transitioning over to the knuckleball and he gave up 6 homers in one inning haha. Felt bad for him and at the same time was wondering why the hell he was left in the game... I started working for the Mets in 2009 and when I found out we signed him in 2010 I was very excited! That's the story in a nutshell really..

The following is what I currently have:

Different Cards (Listed in Beckett): 42/75 (56%) (26 of which I do NOT have are 1/1’s, mainly plates)
1/1’s: 1 (Blank Back Topps Heritage from ToppsVault)
Total Cards: 127 cards
Certified Autos: 7
IP/TTM Autos: 24
Serial Numbered: 53 total
Other: 1 Auto Mini Hat from Nashville Sounds, 1 Game Issued Seattle Mariners Jersey, 1 Game Used Seattle Mariners Locker Nameplate, 1 USA Auto Baseball

Unregistered Cards (Not on Beckett) Excluding above Auto'd cards:
1995 Tennessee Volunteers College UNCUT sheet with 2 RA Dickey cards
2008 Tacoma Rainers Dickey
2010 Buffalo Bison Dickey
2008 Mariners Stadium Giveaway Dickey
2011 SCRIPPS Newspaper Spring Training Dickey

P3300066.jpg
P3300078.jpg
P3300079.jpg
P3250051.jpg
P3300083.jpg
P3300075.jpg
P3300084.jpg
P3300081.jpg
P3300067.jpg This photo was in the Daily News. For those who do not know, I work for the Mets and I take over when the Team Photographer is not around. I shot that photo.
P3300070.jpg
P2260764.jpg

Wow. Awesome collection.
I have always enjoyed watching knuckle ball pitchers.
I have never owned a card of Dickey , but I did mail him 2 pictures that he signed for me.
Great Guy!

Last edited:
That's a nice collection.
I saw the #41 jersey and thought..."wait a minute", then I realized it's a Seattle jersey!

That is an awesome collection! I actually went to college with him at UT my freshman year. He was a really fun guy, of course so was several of the other players like Bubba Trammell and Todd Helton.

Dewayne

Thanks guys. I've updated the collection. Just havent had time to update it on here lol