AWESOME TTM LA Dodgers success!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

#1 Gwynn Fan

Prospect
I have been working on this piece since August of last year. It has finally been completed!!!

Found the picture on eBay and I thought it would be an AWESOME addition to my collection...even as a HUGE SD Padres fan. You have to give credit where credit is due. I mean Steve Garvey, Ron Cey, Bill Russell and Davey Lopes played together for over 8 years!!!! That just does not happen any more.

Brief timeline on project:

Ron Cey: Sent 8/23/2010...received back 8/31/2010

Bill Russell: Sent 9/1/2010...received back 9/14/2010

Steve Garvey: Sent 10/12/2010...received back 10/21...also included a hand-written note asking for a donation to his baseball foundation for kids, which I happily sent a modest donation.

Davey Lopes: This was the scary one! I originally sent to Phillies on 10/27/2010... On 11/1/2010, the Phillies released Mr. Lopes. After this happened, I thought my project was lost at this point. On 3/12/2011, I got an envelope back from a Florida return address. Inside the envelope was the picture I had sent to Philadelphia with a letter stating that "Davey is no longer with the Phillies...try sending it to Dodger Stadium. Sorry for the inconvenience. Good luck!" At this point I was kind of excited!!! Resent 3/14/2011 to Dodger Stadium...received back 4/1/2011.

SO...6-1/2 months later...my project is complete!!!!!

Link to pic...http://ttmautosuccess.blogspot.com/2011/04/ttm-dodgersceyrusselllopesgarvey.html

Last edited:
I would have thought that was a mission impossible. What a great photo to be able to complete through the mail. Congratulations!

That is amzing!
I would of been hesitant everytime I sent it out to a diff player.
Congrats!

I just had a Lopes RTS (my third). You are very lucky to have pulled that last one off. I am working on putting together the same sigs but on baseballs. I got Cey thursday and am sending out to Russell this weekend. Do you remember the name of Garvey's foundation?

Great return!

I just had a Lopes RTS (my third). You are very lucky to have pulled that last one off. I am working on putting together the same sigs but on baseballs. I got Cey thursday and am sending out to Russell this weekend. Do you remember the name of Garvey's foundation?

Great return!

Lopes was the last one I sent it to for that reason. I figured if he saw the other three signatures on the photo, I would have a better chance on having him sign it. I always send a short letter with whatever I send and I make sure I include something that highlights part of their career.

Steve Garvey's foundation is "Youth Baseball of Palm Desert" in Palm Desert, CA.

That is amzing!
I would of been hesitant everytime I sent it out to a diff player.
Congrats!
I have pretty good luck sending to multiple players. I have a few NFL League Leader cards that I have completed.

I am working on a Kansas City Royals 8x10 right now with Whitey Herzog, Paul Splittorff, Doug Bird and Dennis Leonard. I will post that one once it's done.