Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Ebay Aficionados!!!

  1. #1

    Question Ebay Aficionados!!!

    I have some questions that I need help with. I havent sold a card on Ebay since around 5/23/08 as that was my last feedback from a buyer. I know that Ebay has changed significantly since then and will be changing some more within the next couple of weeks.

    I am looking to sell whatever I can within the next couple of months since I am not looking to collect any more and you only get 100 free auction style listing per month.

    How do you guys set up your auctions?

    Do you use turbo lister?

    When is the best time to start/end the auctions and for how many days? I use to start/end my auctions on Sunday which ends at 7PM PST.

    Everybodys insight is greatly appreciated.
    FREEWEB TRADE LIST MY BUCKET FOR TRADE

    DAN MARINO-->COUNT 1497 BERNIE WILLIAMS-->COUNT 1637
    I AM NO LONGER TRADING OR BUYING FOR MY PLAYER NEEDS

  2. #2
    I noticed that prime time on ebay is around 830/900pm. That's about the time I usually list
    Autograph TTM collector

  3. #3
    I would use the auctiva auction lister.. you can get a month free.. So just load up the auctiva and then set them all to go off before the month goes off.. ebay is all changing it to 50 free auctions I believe..

    I would set them up starting at 7:00 EST and put them up incrementally a minute a piece.. Latest I would list them is up until 10:00 EST
    Looking for high end 90s inserts

    We're only gonna die for our own arrogance,
    that's why we might as well take our time

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by NYMets6986 View Post
    I noticed that prime time on ebay is around 830/900pm. That's about the time I usually list
    THX!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Myerburg311 View Post
    I would use the auctiva auction lister.. you can get a month free.. So just load up the auctiva and then set them all to go off before the month goes off.. ebay is all changing it to 50 free auctions I believe..

    I would set them up starting at 7:00 EST and put them up incrementally a minute a piece.. Latest I would list them is up until 10:00 EST
    What is the difference between Auctiva, Turbo or Ebay directly? I know that Turbo is program connected to Ebay. Is Auctiva the same way? If it is I might have to just stick with doing it on Ebay directly because the scans of my cards are easier for me to find through Photobucket.


    I saw the changing of the amount of free listings per month.

    • Under the new Standard fees, list Auction-style FREE, any start price—up to 50 items a month. Pay only if your item sells. Plus you can add a Buy It Now price to your 50 items FREE—set the price you want and grab buyers ready to act now.
    • The Standard Final Value Fee rate for Auction-style listings will stay at 9% and be applied to the total amount of the sale—including shipping—with a maximum Final Value Fee of $100.
    • Auction-style fees for Store subscribers will NOT change in April: If you sell more than 50 items Auction-style per month, an eBay Store subscription will most likely give you the lowest overall fees. If you don’t have an eBay Store, consider opening one now.


    You say start them at 7PM EST at a minute a part, but I thought you can only preset the time by the hour. If you dont mind telling me more or less a step by step on how you would list your auctions.
    FREEWEB TRADE LIST MY BUCKET FOR TRADE

    DAN MARINO-->COUNT 1497 BERNIE WILLIAMS-->COUNT 1637
    I AM NO LONGER TRADING OR BUYING FOR MY PLAYER NEEDS

  5. #5
    I am going to just list 100 auctions for now before April 19 and the rules change to 50.

    This is how I set it up. LMK if I should change anything.

    Starting bid $.99
    S/H $2.50
    Start time Sunday 4/17 8PM EST/11PM PST
    End time Sunday 4/24 8PM EST/11PM PST

    I know it ends on Easter Sunday, but I dont have the time this weekend.
    Last edited by theguru14; 04-08-2011 at 08:48 PM.
    FREEWEB TRADE LIST MY BUCKET FOR TRADE

    DAN MARINO-->COUNT 1497 BERNIE WILLIAMS-->COUNT 1637
    I AM NO LONGER TRADING OR BUYING FOR MY PLAYER NEEDS

  6. #6
    I've only used auctiva but it synchs up to your ebay account.. I believe if you schedule to post items at a later date on ebay I think they charge you $.10 a piece..

    I normally only list stuff on ebay that will sell for anywhere from the .50 I start them at to maybe $2.00.. I usually charge .50 for a pwe and give them the option of shipping in a bubble.. I like auctiva because it saves my template so I can just change the title, picture, and the description.. I don't like it because I have to upload my pictures to auctiva first..

    Auctiva lets you post them an hour or a minute a piece or all at once depending on what you want to do.. I also do all my auctions at once and just hit the save button and schedule them once I'm done.. I just finished 220 last night.. I have half going on ebay tonight and half tomorrow..
    Looking for high end 90s inserts

    We're only gonna die for our own arrogance,
    that's why we might as well take our time

  7. #7
    Yes Ebay charges $.10 per scheduled auction. I guess Auctiva doesnt do that? Eitherway I have to list this directly on ebay since the scans of my cards are in my PC and they are scattered all over the place. On Ebay I just use Photobucket.

    So do you think this is a good time to start/end
    Start time Sunday 4/17 8PM EST/11PM PST
    End time Sunday 4/24 8PM EST/11PM PST

    Quote Originally Posted by Myerburg311 View Post
    I've only used auctiva but it synchs up to your ebay account.. I believe if you schedule to post items at a later date on ebay I think they charge you $.10 a piece..

    I normally only list stuff on ebay that will sell for anywhere from the .50 I start them at to maybe $2.00.. I usually charge .50 for a pwe and give them the option of shipping in a bubble.. I like auctiva because it saves my template so I can just change the title, picture, and the description.. I don't like it because I have to upload my pictures to auctiva first..

    Auctiva lets you post them an hour or a minute a piece or all at once depending on what you want to do.. I also do all my auctions at once and just hit the save button and schedule them once I'm done.. I just finished 220 last night.. I have half going on ebay tonight and half tomorrow..
    FREEWEB TRADE LIST MY BUCKET FOR TRADE

    DAN MARINO-->COUNT 1497 BERNIE WILLIAMS-->COUNT 1637
    I AM NO LONGER TRADING OR BUYING FOR MY PLAYER NEEDS

  8. #8
    auctiva just charges a flat rate fee.. the first month is totally free though.. I think that time would work.. Depends on how many you are listing and how far apart of course..
    Looking for high end 90s inserts

    We're only gonna die for our own arrogance,
    that's why we might as well take our time

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •