My Good-bye!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JYNKEYS

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
It has been a blast but because of 1 trader on another site I have decided it is time to step away from the hobby. I will complete trades I have started or are in talks in now and that will be it for a while. I will not be selling anything off and will put them away. I have met a lot of great people over the years but 1 person killed it for me.

I hope to see you all trading on this site whenever I decide to return to the hobby.

Keep trading going and keep it honest

Dave

Dave , you have always been a stright up and honest trader, thanks for all the trades we have made, hopefully you will come back and enjoy it again Pat

Why let one bad apple ruin it for you? Think of all the great people you have traded with instead of focusing on one bad trade.

normally i wouldn't let 1 clown ruin it for me but when he discredit my publicly and the mods are siding with him when everyone else says they shouldn't then it's time to leave for a while. I hate getting ripped off but I hate it even more to have this happen to me and have nothing or no one to help fight it. at this point with as angry and disappointed as i am it's just best to leave on my own terms than say what i really feel to them and get banned from the site

Last edited:
Hi Dave! I would just stay on this site and not go back to the other one! But its your choice and sometimes a few months away from the Hobby is good for you! Best regards, David

hey dave,

i understand where you are coming from, i was very active on one particular site(im currently on a few different sites) and dont really go on that site as much anymore because it seems like theres a "good ole boys club" or where i saw that because certain people "knew" the mods, they would rip people off and talk crap and the mods, turned their head the other way for their "buddies" years ago, one clown (and he knows who he is) got into it with me and had his "buddy" who wasnt even a mod on the baseball card board(he was a mod on the basketball or football card board) penalize me. when i went to one of the mods about this "buddy system" i was pretty much told in a nut shell "oh, well, theres nothing we can do about it" so.....now i am here at the bench 99.9% of the time and enjoying it better here than any of the other sites, so, i do understand what your going through. like others said here, i would just take a little break and then forget about the clown that did you wrong and just focus on this site and the good people and traders here.ive been on many, many different trading sites and you wont find a better group of people or better mods than there. either way, best of luck on whatever you decide to do and remember this is an awesome and gun hobby. dont let one person run you out of the hobby.
very respectfully,
elbert

Hey Dave
Its just a shame that one person ruins the hobby for you. Take a few months off and maybe you will decide that you miss the hobby and come back to this site which is the best
Good luck either way on your decision
Tom

shame to see someone destroy it for you. You know you were in the right and who cares what they think. I hope maybe when you cool off a bit and think about it you will stay in the hobby.

Dave,

I truly apologize for this particular member. You have
been more than forthcoming and honest in that "nightmare"
of a trade.

I sincerely hope that you will reconsider your
decision. Certainly, as it concerns The Bench.
This fine site had nothing to do with the dispute
and while I understand your frustration, I ask
you again to reconsider.

Collect Hard!,
RGBII

Like another member said, I would'nt let one bad apple ruin it for you. I noticed the people on this site are much nicer than any other site. This site has such a sunny disposition. I was on another site the other day which I have not visited their message boards for a while, and notice that more than half of the threads on there were about complaining and bashing. I would just stay on this site.

Hang in there! I had problems on another site and came here and have found the mods fair and objective. You can trust them to do the right thing, I have found! I don't know you but don't quit because of one bad trader or one bad site. Show them they cannot beat you by having a good time and making good trades! That is my advice but whatever you do, be well!

After reading the posts from "other" message board. You had a bad trade, your planning on recieving insurance $$. From the other persons talk, I assume he a younger collector, and expects everything gem mint. Not so perfect or bad trades happen, always need to take the good with the bad. RG seems to be apologizing for that member, so Im not sure why your not getting the backing from mods you feel you should have. Maybe that is the problem with so many moderators with different opinions on many of these message boards, including this one. If you had one bad purchase from ebay, woud you never buy from ebay or just that seller? Seems like your making a rash decision about all traders on all boards. Maybe take some time to get over this trade, use insurance $$ to get new trade bait or a Jim brown auto and get bck after your head clear.

Dave,

It has truly been a pleasure trading with you over the years. I do wish you the best and hope the passion returns one day. Until then... Cheers!

Dewayne

Unfortunately, we've only traded once, but I've read your threads and posts for several years. Your reputation speaks for itself, and i'm sure this will blow over and you'll be back. I've had some layoffs of my own, and I found my way back to the hobby. There's so many people out there that hurt this hobby, but many more that make this hobby great! You're one of the good guys, and don't forget it. A little break never hurts anyone. As you can see from the replies to this thread, you have a ton of support from Bench members. The "bad apples" will get there's, Karma buddy. Good luck with your down time and I am not alone when I say we look forward to seeing you back sooner rather than later.

Josh

As others have said I think you just need to take sometime off. From time to time I nealy lose complete interest in the hobby. I am in one of those funks right now. I will log on and check a few threads and make the random post but other than that I won't trade very much, for the next 2 or 3 months I may make a total of 3 or 4 trades. But I always come back, and I hope you do also.

Take Care,

Frank

JYNKEYS - We have never made a trade since our philosophies are different but you've built a good rep over the years and after reading the thread in question,I'm glad you stood up for yourself. Last time I stood up for myself on that site it was just that,my last since they banned me afterwards. Luckily I can still read threads there even though I'm no longer a member but I don't blame you one bit for not wanting to go back there. RGBIII and Jaderock are about the only 2 good eggs there and they treat people with respect,but the rest of them haven't got a clue.

Go ahead and take a break if you want because we all do at times. Clear your head and be weary around Giants fans ;)

Brett

Last edited:
JYNKEYS - We have never made a trade since our philosophies are different but you've built a good rep over the years and after reading the thread in question,I'm glad you stood up for yourself. Last time I stood up for myself on that site it was just that,my last since they banned me afterwards. Luckily I can still read threads there even though I'm no longer a member but I don't blame you one bit for not wanting to go back there. RGBIII and Jaderock are about the only 2 good eggs there and they treat people with respect,but the rest of them haven't got a clue.
Go ahead and take a break if you want because we all do at times. Clear your head and be weary around Giants fans ;)

Brett

I agree. :(