2011 Topps Heritage Hobby Box vs 24-Pack Box?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

negreyjr

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
One of the retail sites I usually check out has two different boxes of 2011 Heritage:

2011 Topps Heritage Hobby Box--$92: 24 packs, 9 cards/pack. 1 Auto/GU per box.

2011 Topps Heritage 24-Pack Box--$70: 24 packs, 9 cards/pack. 1 Auto/GU per box.

Anyone have any idea what the difference between the two boxes might be? I'm just looking for base cards and SPs (and maybe some trade bait that I can use for base cards and SPs) -- so if the difference between the two is minimal, I'll go for the cheaper box.

Thanks!
Jeremy

There are hobby only cards, such as:

'62 MINT: (20 total cards) - Hobby Exclusive 1 Per Hobby CASE!
20 money players appear on these cards featuring an event from 1962 along with a coin minted in 1962 in the following variations:
- Silver Dollar - Hall of Fame Induction
- Quarter - Baseball Highlight
- Dime - Personal History
- Nickel - Rookie Debut
- Penny - Happy Birthday

Buyback Topps Stamps - Original 1962 Topps player stamps, newly framed and randomly inserted into packs. Hobby Exclusive

Clubhouse Collection Dual - 5 cards showcasing on-card autographs from a retired and active player from the same franchise along with a relic piece. Hand numbered to 10 - Hobby Exclusive

AUTOGRAPHED CARDS: - One Autographed or Relic Card Per Box! All Autographs Signed Directly On Each Card!
- Real One - On card signatures from players who last appeared on a Topps Card in 1962 as well as signatures from additional 1962 stars and current stand-outs.
- Real One Special Edition - The subjects above will on-card sign 62 cards in red ink. Hand numbered to 61-Hobby Exclusive

BOX LOADER: - HOBBY EXCLUSIVE
- NEW! Baseball Bucks - 96 outstanding players featured on mock currency of varying denominations. One in Every 3 Boxes - alternates with Advertising Panels and Topps Stamp Album.
- Advertising Panels - Featuring parallel cards as a 3-card strip. One in Every 3 Boxes - alternates with Topps Stamp Album and Baseball Bucks.
- Topps Stamp Album - Each of these 30 over-sized cards mimic a page from the original 1962 Topps Stamp Album and feature reproduction player stamps. One in Every 3 Boxes - alternates with Advertising Panels and Baseball Bucks.

If you're only going for the base/SPs, then I say go for the $70 box. You'll still get inserts for bait, just less of them, and you're probably not going to get a "hit" (which is a low-end GU a lot of the time in Heritage).

I did the same thing with A&G last year and saved around $40 by buying a retail box.

If I remember right, the green refractor chrome parallels were hobby only too. If you're just looking for base/SP's, load up on the cheaper boxes