Thread: Ebay Confusion???

Question Ebay Confusion???

I guess I can now be part of the Ebay frustration group. Here is a little breakdown of my issues.

1. On the Freedomcardboard site a member started a thread saying that my auctions had shill bidding on them. I am sure in some ways I lost out on some potential bidders because of that. A brand new member on Ebay of a week old with 0 feedback at the time placed bids on about 50-60 auctions. The member now has 7 positive feedbacks. The member won a total of 20 of my auctions and hasnt paid yet. I have sent 2 invoices and 3 messages. Looks like I will have to file another claim.

2. How do I find out who gave me certain ratings?

Item as described 4.8 Number of ratings 23

Only 2 people has said anything about the condition of the card and one of them cant leave me feedback since he hasnt paid for the card. Also none of the other postive feedbacks details stated anything about condition. They all said great card and/or fast shipping.

Communication 5.0 Number of ratings 23

I am surprise I didnt get dinged on this with everything else that is happening to me.

Shipping time 4.9 Number of ratings 22

Are you serious? My auctions ended on 4/24 Sunday 11PM EST. The first possible day to ship would be Monday and today is only Friday. I didnt know that 5 days to receive a card is long.

Shipping and handling charges 4.8 Number of ratings 23

I dont understand this either. Did they want it for free? It is a minimum $1.75 to ship up to 3 oz. now. I dont think asking for $2.50 for S/H is alot when you factor in supplies. I use all new penny sleeves, top loaders, very sturdy bubble mailers and expensive sticker labels. Even if it is a little too much it would only be by pennies. Am I suppose to get exact S/H charge before I send out an invoice? People help me understand Ebay

3. A winner receives his card today and messages me this.

Dear theguru1472,

Hi, I received the card today and it has a crease going down the middle of it anything you can do for me about it. Thanks Joe

- XXXXXXXXX

-----------------------------------------
    Dear XXXXXXXXX,

I am sorry to hear that the card got damaged, but I can tell you that it wasnt when I shipped. The card was in absolute mint condition with no scratches and 4 sharp corners. If you look at the scan there is no crease at all. I am not sure what you would like for me to do. I would never sell a damaged card without listing it in the description. I had 151 auctions up and I was selling only 1 card that was damaged and it was the SPA Jay Bruce au RC which the damage was listed in the description of the auction. Have you spoken to the PO yet? If it really comes down to it I would want to make it right. If all options are used up please send the card back to me and I will issue you a full refund.

- theguru1472

-------------------------------------------
    Dear theguru1472,

I don't doubt what you have to say about the card it got bent in transit and really there is no point for both of us to lose money sending it back and forth. The PO is not going to do anything for me and for the price it doesn't even pay for me to bother you with it. I am going to leave you a neutral feedback and just block me from bidding on your stuff and we will call it a day.

- XXXXXXXXXXXX

He then leaves me this feedback.

Fast Shipping but received card with a crease in it. Need to ship it better.

I dont understand some people. I shipped in penny sleeve, toploader and very sturdy bubble mailer and not those cheap flimsy ones. How in the HELL was I suppose to ship it better? Is there any way I can get Ebay to change the neutral?

4. I filed my first ever case yesterday. The winner refuses to pay because the card has 2 very small creases by the jersey. It clearly states that in the description. This is how it started.

Dear XXXXXXXX,

This is a friendly reminider that Paypal payment for the auction(s) you bidded on and won are due by Friday.

Thanks

Steven

- theguru1472

--------------------------------------------
    Dear theguru1472,

well this is to let you know i just talked to ebay about this and i want you to delete this sale because i dont want this card with creases in it ok . please cancel this item sale asap or ebay will for u opk . thanks

- XXXXXXXXXX

---------------------------------------------
    Dear XXXXXXXXXX,

I am not sure who you are trying to scare or threaten. I have been doing this for many years. It clearly states in the description that the card has 2 very small creases by the jersey area. If you truly spoke to a live person on Ebay please have them contact me as I would love to speak to them. Dont be mad at me because you didnt properly check the auction. Either you pay or I will just file a case.

- theguru1472

Dear theguru1472,

look it wont do u a bit of good i done talked to ebay but u file in pile 13 to if u like k

- XXXXXXXXXX

So I called Ebay to see what I can do as I have never been in a situation like this. The person I spoke to looked at the auction and said that the description does clearly state that it is damaged. I also asked her about the buyer contacting you guys and having my auction cancelled. She said the only person that can have a auction cancelled is the seller. Long story short she adviced me to file a UPI, which I did.

5. I think this guy is just crazy.

I send invoice on Sunday with no payment or response from the member.
    This was sent to auction winners that havent paid yet on Wednesday and still no payment or response from the member.

Dear XXXXXXXXX,

This is a friendly reminider that Paypal payment for the auction(s) you bidded on and won are due by Friday.

Thanks

Steven

- theguru1472

This was sent to auction winners that havent paid yet on Friday and still no payment..

Dear XXXXXXXXX,

Today is Friday the 5th and final day that Paypal payment is to be received. Please send payment before midnight tonight to avoid any issues.

Thanks

Steven

- theguru1472

The member finally responds.

Dear theguru1472,

I`ll get you paid up in the next 24 hours.

Pete
    Sent by BlackBerry, available from NTELOS Wireless

I'm like cool I am going to get paid.

Dear XXXXXXXXX,

Sounds good. Thanks for the response.

- theguru1472

----------------------------------------------
    The 24 hours goes by with no payment or response.

Dear XXXXXXXXX,

It has been more than 24 hours now. If no payment is received by tonight I will have no choice, but to file a claim.

- theguru1472

Now he is mad at me

Dear theguru1472,

Are you for real?

Please BLOCK me from bidding any of your items in the future.

Pete

- XXXXXXXX

------------------------------------------
    Dear XXXXXXXX,

Are you serious? You are mad at me because you can't be responsible enough to pay in a timely manner!!! I send a invoice and I do not receive payment. I send two reminders with no response. I send a third and final message on the 5th and final day when payment needs to be made is when you respond. Well your words of "you will be paid in 24 hours" has come and gone and this is some how my fault. Either pay me or I will file a claim. I am done with this matter. As for blocking you from bidding on my auctions I will not do that. If you are dumb enough to bid on auctions you can't pay in a timely matter that is your fault and you will just get another strike.

- theguru1472
    -------------------------------------------
    Feedback has nothing to do with owning up to your words. I dont think anything I have said up to this point was threatening or insulting. I feel I was just clearly stating the facts and truth. Payment has finally been received!!!

Dear theguru1472,

If you had gone to the trouble of checking my feedback rating, you would have found it to be 100% with no strikes and would have had no concern about being paid. Apparently that's too much to ask.

Instead, you started with threats even before your own 5 days were up. If this is how you operate (threats & insults), you don't belong on ebay. Furthermore, any more wise remarks & you WILL be reported.

Pete

- XXXXXXXXX

------------------------------------------
    Dear XXXXXXXX,

What does feedback have to do with getting payment on time? Just because you have 100% feedback with no strikes it is okay not for you to respond to messages or pay in the time the auction clearly states? Once again that is some how my fault.

You show me where I threatened you. No such thing was ever said. I did everything properly. I sent an invoice on Sunday and there was no payment. I sent a friendly reminder on Wednesday and your reply was "sorry for the delay, will pay shortly.". I sent a final invoice and another message on the 5th and final day that payment was to be received by and your reply was "I`ll get you paid up in the next 24 hours.". Those 24 hours went by and still no payment and I am one that is in the wrong here? Once again this has nothing to do with feedback. If you say you are going to do something then do it. Dont let the time go by that you promised someone and do nothing about it until the person gives you a final warning. I didnt have to do that because I was clearly in the right as it clearly states in my auction that payment must be made within 5 days of the end of the auction. I could of said nothing on Friday and simply filed a claim, but I didnt because I didnt want to ruin your 100% feedback.

In all seriousness though, just take a step back and look at everything that transpired if it were you in my shoes what would you do. I am not mad at you and hope that you are not mad at me. There were no threats or insults made by me. I was just stating the facts which was also the truth. If I offended you in any way I apologize.

Thank you for the payment and you will receive nothing but positive feedback from me. You card will go out on Monday.

Steven

- theguru1472

6. I had to file 23 cases of people not only didnt pay, but not once responded to any of my messages. The real sad part is that 20 of these cases is from the one member that I was referring to in issue #1. To make matters worse is the member just got another positve feedback from a seller. The auction ended on 4/28 which is 4 days after my auction ended and he paid that person, but not me.

I have 4 other winners that havent paid either, but I gave them so extra time, but they kindness to respond back to my messages. 3 of them have until tomorrow while the 4 one has until next week.
    Last edited by theguru14; 05-01-2011 at 02:50 AM.
    FREEWEB TRADE LIST MY BUCKET FOR TRADE

DAN MARINO-->COUNT 1497 BERNIE WILLIAMS-->COUNT 1637
    I AM NO LONGER TRADING OR BUYING FOR MY PLAYER NEEDS

Sorry to hear you may have lost out on some potential bidders cause of this certain member.

I dont think there is a way to determine which ebayer gave you what rating unless you e-mailed them all inquiring about it. Charging $2.50 for s/h & five days sounds reasonable enough to me on recieving something. As to the neutral feedback, ebay wont change it unless special circumstances exists. For example if buyer is threatning or blackmailing you. The card was damaged in transit so technically by using paypal your responsible. All he would have to do is send it back with some kind of comfirmation to get the full purchase amount back and then theres the feedback thing. In most problems i have, sellers will just refund the amount but then again i buy several cards at a time. If the seller wants the card back i just send it in a PWE since its damaged already and if they say they never recieved it, ill leave a negative. People should be willing to work it out for a positive outcome but thats not always the case. I think you should of asked for the card back then refunded him and moved on.

Ebay would of told that guy its a binding contract between you two as long as the decription was correct. Both of you would have to agree to cancell the auction. You file it then he agrees but you still pay ebay fee. Doing the UPI sounds like the thing to do.
    Mainly looking for GREG MADDUX, 2008 UD Heroes #d cards & 2006-2014 A&G Relics.

CLICK HERE FOR - WANTLIST - TRADELIST - PICASA ALBUM

"You file it then he agrees but you still pay ebay fee."

Pretty sure if he agrees to cancel, they refund your fees - I've had to do this before. The buyer is backing out, so you need to file a non-paying bidder report.

On the first one, I always ask the buyer to send me a picture of any damaged item. If they are willing to do it, I refund. It is the seller's responsibility to make sure the item arrives in stated condition to the buyer.
    Always accepting 20% Off on my COMC Account with Auto Accept - COMC

Quote Originally Posted by akamikey2001 View Post
    Sorry to hear you may have lost out on some potential bidders cause of this certain member.

I dont think there is a way to determine which ebayer gave you what rating unless you e-mailed them all inquiring about it. Charging $2.50 for s/h & five days sounds reasonable enough to me on recieving something. As to the neutral feedback, ebay wont change it unless special circumstances exists. For example if buyer is threatning or blackmailing you. The card was damaged in transit so technically by using paypal your responsible. All he would have to do is send it back with some kind of comfirmation to get the full purchase amount back and then theres the feedback thing. In most problems i have, sellers will just refund the amount but then again i buy several cards at a time. If the seller wants the card back i just send it in a PWE since its damaged already and if they say they never recieved it, ill leave a negative. People should be willing to work it out for a positive outcome but thats not always the case. I think you should of asked for the card back then refunded him and moved on.

Ebay would of told that guy its a binding contract between you two as long as the decription was correct. Both of you would have to agree to cancell the auction. You file it then he agrees but you still pay ebay fee. Doing the UPI sounds like the thing to do.
    I asked him to send it back and will give a full refund, but he refused and he gave me a nuetral.

Quote Originally Posted by GotMelky View Post
    "You file it then he agrees but you still pay ebay fee."

Pretty sure if he agrees to cancel, they refund your fees - I've had to do this before. The buyer is backing out, so you need to file a non-paying bidder report.

On the first one, I always ask the buyer to send me a picture of any damaged item. If they are willing to do it, I refund. It is the seller's responsibility to make sure the item arrives in stated condition to the buyer.
    File is what I did.

I have added issues #5 and 6. I haven sold on Ebay in about 3 years and honestly do not recall a single issue back then. Is this what Ebay has become? Can anybody help me understand the Ebay world we live in now? It is such a headache!!!

Quote Originally Posted by theguru14 View Post
    I have added issues #5 and 6. I haven sold on Ebay in about 3 years and honestly do not recall a single issue back then. Is this what Ebay has become? Can anybody help me understand the Ebay world we live in now? It is such a headache!!!
    The ebay/Paypal dynasty has become a 100% buyer's market. Sure, there is a little money to be made by selling hot items on ebay - but you make sure you know that you sell at YOUR OWN RISK.

Here's a situation that happened to me: A couple of years ago, I sold a Justin Masterson BLUE REFRACTOR RC #/150 on ebay for a Buy it Now of $20. The buyer was from Lowell, MA - just outside of Boston. I received instant payment and shipped NEXT DAY. The following day, while the card was in transit, Masterson was reported as being traded. Delivery Confirmation showed the card delivered the following day (2 days after I shipped!) The buyer sends me an email saying he no longer needed the card because Masterson was just traded. HUH?!?! I didn't respond. He files a Paypal claim saying the card was damaged. I forwarded Paypal the email he sent to me saying he no longer needed the card, and I explained that he just didn't want it because the player was traded. THEY DECIDED IN HIS FAVOR. He sent the card back to me and was rewarded the money back out of my account. The card's condition? Perfect. It was a total fabrication. I couldn't leave feedback or anything....

Talk about leaving a sour taste in my mouth. No joke, when I sell something on ebay, I get scared. I know that I am one lunatic away from losing the card(s) that I just sold. All it takes is one idiot claiming they received an empty package. The seller then has to give the money back while the fraud gets the contents for free.

It sucks, but what else is one to do? If you want the biggest audience - ebay is the obvious choice. If you want to be paid quickly - paypal it is. I know in this economy that you have to give the buyer every reason to want to buy something, but I believe they have put too much weight in their favor.

Hang in there, Steven.....

Tim

It has gone downhill, however, I am lucky in that I have not had to file a non-payer in months and almost every buyer has paid (some not so promptly, but payment came). The change in fees has really started to annoy me -

When you sell a .99 item, they used to only take a percentage of the .99. Now, it's the .99 and the shipping charge - it may not seem like much, but when you go through the effort to pack up and ship a .99 card, every penny counts. On top of the eBay fees, Paypal is now sucking up a .30 charge automatically followed by 2.9% of the total. I also recently found out that if you have to refund a buyer, the .30 is not refundable and you get to pay that back out of your pockets. There are a lot of things not to like, but where else can you get as much traffic on your auction?
    Always accepting 20% Off on my COMC Account with Auto Accept - COMC

Yeah all these changes and fees are ridiculous. I had to file 3 more claims last night. You are right if Ebay didnt attract so much traiffic I wouldnt sell anything there.

Quote Originally Posted by GotMelky View Post
    It has gone downhill, however, I am lucky in that I have not had to file a non-payer in months and almost every buyer has paid (some not so promptly, but payment came). The change in fees has really started to annoy me -

When you sell a .99 item, they used to only take a percentage of the .99. Now, it's the .99 and the shipping charge - it may not seem like much, but when you go through the effort to pack up and ship a .99 card, every penny counts. On top of the eBay fees, Paypal is now sucking up a .30 charge automatically followed by 2.9% of the total. I also recently found out that if you have to refund a buyer, the .30 is not refundable and you get to pay that back out of your pockets. There are a lot of things not to like, but where else can you get as much traffic on your auction?