What was your first TTM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Panzram

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Mine was Mike Schmidt. I was about 15 or 16 and got his address and he was nice enough to return the 87 Topps I sent him, signed.

1984 Fleer Update Juan Samuel, when I was bout 12. I didn't take care of it and I don't know what became of it but I was able to replace it a few years ago. It's one of my favorite old time and modern successes.

Mine was Steve Kerr from the Chicago Bulls. The year he hit the 3pointer to win the game for the Bulls. Still today one of my favorite TTM successes!

The first real one I got back was Vladimir Guerrero back in his rookie year. Had a card from Scott Rolen and one from Chipper Jones that turned out to be signed by a auto-pen. I gave up on TTM when i found out about them.

I don't remember, but it would have been a 1987 Topps as I sent a bunch of those out that year.
The players I remember getting are:
Harold Baines, Jody Davis, Dwight Evans, Dale Murphy, Tim Raines and Tony Gwynn.

Mike Scott (Astros) sent out in 1988 (Still have yet to get it back)
Gerald Young (Astros) was my first success around '88 or '89.

mine would have to be when i was going for my 1980 Phillies auto set i sent John Vukovich a 1980 card for him to sign.He only lived about 5 minutes away from me at the time. When i got the card back a week later he had passed from his Cancer. I just thought his wife or someone signed it but later on i ran into a old friend of John and spoke of this and he said no. It was John who signed it. That is who John was to the end for his fans. I wonder if it was his last auto signed?
VUKOVICHJOHN.jpg

Steve Palermo, Umpire, back when I was 12 or something... read about his heroic story and wanted his autograph :) If you don't know the story, goggle it!

Not sure which came first, but I only did 2 I can remember as a kid. One was to Duke Snider, the other to Steve Garvey. Both were returned and I still have both items almost 30 years later.