Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MLB All-Star Glenn Wilson and I wrote a book!

MLB All-Star Glenn Wilson and I wrote a book!

I have been an AWOL Benchie for a bit, but I am back and ready to trade!

Many of you guys know that I am good buddies with former Major League Baseball All-Star Glenn Wilson. Earlier this year Glenn asked me to help him co-write his autobiography "Headed Home: A MLB All-Star's Search for Truth". After reading my first book released in February 2011, Glenn felt I was the person he had been looking for to help him release the book he had been trying to write for five years. I think all of you will love this book as it is honest, shows baseball from behind the scenes and deals with some of the struggles that many baseball players face. Below you can find all the order details for both of my books. Hope that some of you will support one of both of these projects.

1.) Headed Home by Glenn Wilson and Darrell Halk (PREORDERS AVAILABLE NOW (Only 200 total available)
    About the book--> http://wp.me/p1hDuG-A

Pre-Order the book--> http://tinyurl.com/3uot2o3

* Pre-ordering this book makes you eligible to win a signed, gamed used, powder blue Phillies Glenn Wilson Jersey ( Photo of the Jersey here

2.) No One Really Knows - My first book
    About the book--> http://norkbook.wordpress.com/about/
    Buy the book--> http://tinyurl.com/6eeko81

3.) Buy Both Books in a Bundle--> http://tinyurl.com/3eagx7p

* Note, If you do not have paypal you can order any of the above options by sending check or money order to: Darrell Halk 4106 Windy Meadow Drive, Corinth, Texas 76208
    Looking for Astros Autographs Needs List Here

Autograph Wants/Projects
    Astros (all-time list), 1980 Baseball Immortals, 1986 Topps Traded, 1987 Topps, Texas Rangers, Dallas Stars, Dallas Mavericks, Dallas Cowboys

Sets I am Building
    1988-89 Fleer Basketball
    1986 Topps Football,1986 Topps Baseball,
    1990 Fleer BB, 1991 Fleer BB, 2001 Topps HD Baseball

Are there any references to his 78 games with the Mariners in this book?
    My TTM/Auto Set Wantlist

See my SICK Roy Oswalt patch card HERE

He talks about it a little: discusses asking for a trade out of Seattle, talks about Dick Williams, talks about being traded for Bradley, talks about him thinking Griffey Jr. was not going to be as good as Sr. (bashes his own scouting ability), talks about the great young nucleus on that Seattle team etc.

Autograph Wants/Projects
    Astros (all-time list), 1980 Baseball Immortals, 1986 Topps Traded, 1987 Topps, Texas Rangers, Dallas Stars, Dallas Mavericks, Dallas Cowboys

Sets I am Building
    1988-89 Fleer Basketball

the jersey

HERE IS THE JERSEY YOU WILL BE ENTERED TO WIN BY PRE-ORDERING GLENN WILSON'S BOOK. If you buy the bundle, your name will be entered twice to win

Autograph Wants/Projects

Sets I am Building
    1988-89 Fleer Basketball

Good for you, Darrell! Glenn Wilson was pretty cool to talk to when I met him at the Skeeter's Fan Fest in Sugarland a few months ago. Might be interested in purchasing this book. Any signed copies going to be available?
    Congrats!

Yeah Glenn is a great guy! All pre-ordered copies will be signed for no additional charge.

Autograph Wants/Projects

Sets I am Building
    1988-89 Fleer Basketball

I want the jersey. Make it happen.

you have a 1 in 200 shot andrew, since you pre-ordered the book haha

Autograph Wants/Projects

Sets I am Building
    1988-89 Fleer Basketball

Congratulations on the Book! Best regards, David
    In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011. Next Sat contest is March 18 and its for Tony Gwynn 2005 UD Heroes green 33/99 auto!

Thanks David, hope some of you guys will preorder

Autograph Wants/Projects

Sets I am Building
    1988-89 Fleer Basketball

There has to be a way for me to get better odds than that. I'm a unsatisfied customer, haha

thanks for the orders guys, keep them coming!

Autograph Wants/Projects

Sets I am Building
    1988-89 Fleer Basketball

ttt

Autograph Wants/Projects

Sets I am Building
    1988-89 Fleer Basketball

Just sent PayPal for your Glenn Wilson book. I always admired Wilson's style of play and enjoyed watching him with Philadelphia.

God Bless,
    Bob Torba, Jr. - Bench HOF Member #8
    Facebook profile | Twitter: @bobtorba7

When is the preorder deadline, and are there any spots left?
    My TTM/Auto Set Wantlist

See my SICK Roy Oswalt patch card HERE