Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast
    Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Good Morning everyone. Got a sweet HOF success yesterday. Andre the Hawk Dawson on a 1991 Topps with a small donation. 20 days. He did not answer questions but who cares it is the Hawk!!! Another great success for the 1991 Topps set I am working on, but I know I will never complete lol. 792 cards is crazy. I wouldn't mind getting 300 - 400 successes. I am somewhere in the neighborhood of 150ish. I will have to count them up. I know I am missing some on my spreadsheet. Hope all is well with all of you and happy collecting.

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Man have the TTM autographs slowed down. I did receive back Jack Daugherty on a 1991 Topps in 13 days, but that is it for the last 15 days. On a side note, I did get a few sweet cards for my birthday from my wife. I got a 62 Post Mantle, and a 71 Johnny Bench and a '71 Mays. These were happy additions to my PC. I have some cards out there so hoping for some returns soon. I have also been going through my commons and finding a ton of great cards, including a 2012 Heritage Trout rookie and some Mookie rookies. Not bad while waiting for some returns. Hope all is well with all of you and Happy Collecting.

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Happy Monday everyone!!!! Mondays suck lol. Anyway, I did receive back a success over the weekend. Kurt Stillwell signed my 1991 Topps in 58 days. He also answered my questions, which is a sweet bonus. I have some big names out there hoping for some success with, we shall wait and see though. On a side note, I do have a Harry Hooper autograph incoming, which will be a nice addition to my Sox and HOF PC. I also did pull Corey Ray Red Bowman 2/5 this weekend. He is the Brewers #2 prospect. Willing to trade it if anyone is interested. Hope all is well with everyone and Happy Collecting.

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Happy Friday, we made it through another week. I was looking back on some of my posts over the years and wanted to circle back on some things. Daughter played varsity softball as a freshman when we moved to Illinois, hurt her shoulder when we moved back to VA, and really hasn't played since. I don't think she misses it, but I am playing in a charity softball tournament this weekend, and she asked if we could throw. My 7 year old son, is into soccer and I coach his U8 soccer team. We are in the championship game this evening, so proud of these youngsters. I love soccer and have played all my life, so even though I love baseball and collecting cards and memorabilia I have grown up with soccer. Ok, 1 return to share, Lee Guetterman returned my 1991 Topps signed in 47 days. he did answer both my questions, but in total he answered 2 questions with 2 total words. Not each, but total. I guess he isn't much of a writer. A success none the less. I did get my trade for the Harry Hooper in the mail, and it is a fantastic addition. I also got a Buck Leonard auto and Bobby Doerr auto included. So a great mail day all around. Hope all is well with all of you, and Happy Collecting.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to hlrzr32's ebay items

Best of luck in the tournament this weekend! I hope you/your son won the Championship last night!

Thanks
    Craig

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Thanks Craig. We lost but it was a successful season and the kids had fun.

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

It is Wednesday!!! Three day weekend is looking so good right now, except for the to do list the wife has planned. Anyway, wanted to let you know of some returns as of late. I got back Bobby Valentine on a 1991 Topps in 23 days. He did not answer any questions. I did not realize I had one of him already on a 91 Topps, so if anyone needs one, let me know. I also got back Tom Edens on a 1991 Topps, he also did not answer any questions, but did return them. 53 days. I also did get a RTS from Nolan Ryan, so I tried a different address, I usually do not send money for autographs, but I have for some recent ones, like Sandberg and Dawson, I did for Nolan as well, hoping to get back that 91 Topps. Anyway, hope all is well with all of you and happy collecting.

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Finally Friday!!! Keeping it short and to the point today. Stump Merrill on a 1991 Topps in 14 days. He did answer my questions. Looking forward to my 3 day weekend!!!!

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to kirbyfan11's ebay items

Quote Originally Posted by dadandsoncards View Post
    It is Wednesday!!! Three day weekend is looking so good right now, except for the to do list the wife has planned. Anyway, wanted to let you know of some returns as of late. I got back Bobby Valentine on a 1991 Topps in 23 days. He did not answer any questions. I did not realize I had one of him already on a 91 Topps, so if anyone needs one, let me know. I also got back Tom Edens on a 1991 Topps, he also did not answer any questions, but did return them. 53 days. I also did get a RTS from Nolan Ryan, so I tried a different address, I usually do not send money for autographs, but I have for some recent ones, like Sandberg and Dawson, I did for Nolan as well, hoping to get back that 91 Topps. Anyway, hope all is well with all of you and happy collecting.
    have seen ryan signs with donation through his foundation
    "Tomorrow isn't promised to any of us"Kirby Puckett at his retirement speech July 16th 1996

Kirby Puckett Haves 301/2363 12.73 %

Autograph's of Players seen in person 121/969 12.48%

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

I hope everyone had a safe and fun holiday with family and friends. I know I did, but had a honeydo list to complete as well. I got back a return today, and when I saw it post marked from Texas a got excited. Then I opened it and saw my return was from Mr. Pete O'Brien. Still very excited to get this one back. 75 Days. He did not answer any questions, but he did sign my 1991 Topps for my set. Nothing added to the PC recently either other than a Tom Seaver 8x10 with a Beckett COA. Very nice addition to the HOF autograph collection. Sad to hear about Buckner, they guy could flat out hit and from everything I have read and stand up guy. Hope all is well with everyone, and happy collecting.

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Hey everyone, I haven't had a chance to mail out anything in awhile, just so busy, but got a return to share with everyone. Sweet Lou Piniella in about 11 days or so. I added a little cash in there as well. Very cool return. He did not answer any of my included questions. I also got back Nolan Ryan with a form letter asking for 60 dollar donation for him to sign. I understand it is for his charity, but good night, 60 bucks. Guess I will have to wait for that one to be added to my collection. Hope all is well with everyone and happy collecting.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to collectorskip's ebay items

Fun to track your journey on the 1991 set. Why did you pick that year? (I apologize if that explanation is buried somewhere in the prior 25 pages of posts (W-O-W!), but I couldn't bear going through them all to find out).
    Keep us posted. Who knows...you may get closer than you think!

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Great question! The photography in that set is amazing for one, and now some of those players are managers somewhere and sign when you write their team, and I also love that old cardboard stock. 92 they went to that thin cardboard stock. Slowly chipping away.

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Good Morning and Happy Friday!!!! I received back a success yesterday I would like to share. Mr. Lee Stevens on a '91 Fleer Ultra, if there was a second set I would like to work on, this would be it. I just really like this set. He signed my card in 95 days. He did not return any of my included questions. I have been slammed with work, but hoping it is slowing down a bit and hoping to get some cards out in the mail this coming week. Next week the Appy league starts as well and hoping to get out to catch a few games, hoping for Bristol Pirates, Kingsport Mets and Greenville Reds for the first 2 weeks. I saw yesterday Ervin Santana was assigned to the Kingsport Mets, not sure if it was just a move to free up space somewhere else or what, but it would be cool to see him play here for just 1 game. Hope all is well with everyone and happy collecting.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Just wanted to say I enjoy your Friday post every week. Thank you for sharing your adventures of you and your family with us. I am always looking forward to Fridays. Have a good couple of days before Friday.
    Ben