What annoys you about EBAY sellers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hawaiian BamBam

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
i am in the process of redoing my ebay listings and store and was wondering What annoys you about EBAY sellers? what do you like or not like to see in an EBAY store,EBAY Sellers and their listings. thanks for your help and advice.

keyword spamming (listing tons of players in the description that have nothing to do with the item being listed)

fraudulent eye-catching keywords ("eBay 1/1s")

poor photos of the item

misspellings

flagrant misuse of words like rare, scarce and vintage (yes "vintage" is subject to wide interpretation, but 1988 Topps ain't it)

vague descriptions that sellers won't updated/correct (sometimes if I find an obscure item listed poorly, I'll send the seller a note, telling them what they have so people might actually be able to find it. it annoys me to see the same listing month after month with incomplete or wrong information in the description)

Just a few of mine.

Having others cards in a picture of a card your selling, Your only selling that one card but theres like 3 diffrent cards in the picture. Does that make sense?

Nick

Having others cards in a picture of a card your selling, Your only selling that one card but theres like 3 diffrent cards in the picture. Does that make sense?

Nick

A-men! The image should ONLY include the item you are selling in THAT auction.

I get really annoyed with being shortchanged shipping. 3.00 shipping shouldn't mean "forever" stamp on bubble mailer. There's one seller who's gotten me twice on it. I should have known better at the time, but I figured 2.00 card + 3.00 shipping + 1.25 in extra postage was still less than the 15.00 the card books for.

Most of mine have already been covered. I would ad to the list sellers choosing the wrong atributes for their cards. If I am looking for team sets I don't want results for individual cards or bulk lots.

Good luck with your listings!

Frank

Sellers who use pictures of cards that they selling...but the card condition does not match the ones in the pictures! Claimed it was near mint 1993 finest refractor of Frank Thomas....was not...was way off center. Best regards, David

When a lot is being sold and they try to get them all in a single picture. You can't tell who's there or the condition, and then they post in their description to refer to the picture.

Let's see...avoid seller at all cost when...

• They don't combine shipping charges for multiple wins or do so with a rate that is not designed to promote more buying.

• Gouging on S/H charges for single or multiple items. Sure you can build it into your price, but you shouldn't have to.

• Keyword spamming. I am damn sick of scrolling through entire 1971 Topps sets, listed as singles, to do my searched because the description of EVERY card mentions the work "Garvey"!

• ****** photos and poor descriptions, especially with regard to sharing information about condition. A reasonable amount of time spent on designing a listing or template that is informative, easy to view and answers all your questions is worth it's weight in gold! We all have seen the fabulous types of listings that look like his...Title is "Montana" and the photo is a blurry 1990 ProSet card w/ no description.

• Minor one, but I like to see the serial number of a card listed. If you are going to spend the time to list a card as Joe Slomo /99, then go ahead and make it Joe Slomo 13/99!

That does make sense. I have often seen something in a picture that I was interested in that I would not have searched for. By seeing it in the photo, I checked out the sellers other listings.

I think this can be used in a professional manner, by clearly noting only ONE item in the scan is what is for sale and that the other items are for sale in other listings.

It is the sellers who don't describe the listing well or try to lead you to believe everything pictured is included. You still should take the time to read a listing fully if you plan to bid. You are responsible for your bids. I don't always follow this rule, but should!!

Nick

The ones that always over price the cards in their auctions.......they relist it over and over again with the crazy bin price! They may lower it by a few dollars then relist it again with a higher price. Best regards, David PS Prince Fielder 2008 ud heroes patch serial 10.

That one annoys me too David K. There is a guy who sells Rickeys, he will win an auction for $18 and list it over and over again for the next 3 years (and counting) for $80. It's an $18 card. ::scratches head::

Personally, I don't mind sellers calling a jersey # card a 1/1. It sure beats them not giving any number at all, and me never knowing. That's what bugs me most about ebay sellers, the ones that don't give the serial # in their auction.

Misleading titles is my main pet peeve. I'm stubborn to the point where I will avoid bidding on an item I'm interested in because it leads me to not fully trust the seller.

Although it usually balances out in the end with the final sale price, I hate inflated shipping costs.
Happy Holidays,
Pete

I'd like to have more sellers make counteroffers on my offers. Many just reject it without explanation or taking the time to counteroffer. Just makes sense to me that if you have someone who is interested, work with them to make the sale. I know they get lowball offers all the time, but work with the decent ones and you'll sell more stuff, IMO.

Agreed - no bid from me if you won't stand by your product.

Another one (just happened to me on a C-Mas present for the kiddo) - sellers who leave items listed in a store with no intention of completing a transaction.

The ones....who state no returns! Happy Holidays, David