PSA Grading

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dred0gg024

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Not sure if this is the right section to post this but it says Graded Cards TALK so i figured this would be alright. I have a card that i would like to submit to PSA for grading but have never done so before. I would love to just send my card to somebody else who is submitting cards to PSA and to pay them the fees. Let me know if anybody can help me out. thanks

dan

I understand your trepidation. But it really isn’t all that hard to do. Sure they make it seem more confusing than it really is on their website. But if I were you there in no time like the present to try it out. I know I am sending in a huge bunch of cards over the next few months and I decided to get their premier or platinum I forget the term they use at the moment but I would say just go and do it yourself and then you will know it’s not that hard to do.

Dave

I understand your trepidation. But it really isn’t all that hard to do. Sure they make it seem more confusing than it really is on their website. But if I were you there in no time like the present to try it out. I know I am sending in a huge bunch of cards over the next few months and I decided to get their premier or platinum I forget the term they use at the moment but I would say just go and do it yourself and then you will know it’s not that hard to do.

Dave

Thanks for the advice. I just took a look at the return shipping rates and they charge $17.50. What a rip off. I only have one card i want to grade at PSA and it really isn't worth it if they are going to charge that much for return shipping.

Not sure if this is the right section to post this but it says Graded Cards TALK so i figured this would be alright. I have a card that i would like to submit to PSA for grading but have never done so before. I would love to just send my card to somebody else who is submitting cards to PSA and to pay them the fees. Let me know if anybody can help me out. thanks

dan

It's not hard to do, just not worth it to deal direct with PSA for one card most of the time. You can buy a membership for $110 (gold) or $189 (platinum) that gets you 6 or 15 free gradings, overkill if you want just one card graded, and it says you have to submit all your free gradings at once, plus you still pay the shipping both ways to get it there (another $20 or so). Or you can submit as a non member, pay at least $15 to grade the card at the lowest tier, $17.50 return shipping, and likely at least $2.50 to get it there, meaning you're paying $35 or more to grade one card. The shipping and high prices for the non bulk submissions just are not cost effective unless you're dealing with high end cards

Even then, it's not a lot cheaper. If you get the $189 plan, and get 15 free gradings, you still have to pay the shipping which is $17.50, and shipping there... about $8. If you're just doing 15, then that's still $14.30 per card. Compared to if you just sent in 15 regular without membership, which would be $17.5(1)+ $8(1) maybe more to get it there safely +$15(15). That's about $16.70 per card. It's expensive no matter how you put it, but it's worth it if you're planning on selling your cards and/or preserving them. It makes the most sense to send multiple cards at a time, just because of the flat shipping rate. The more you send, the less the price of the unit. Good luck!

It's not hard to do, just not worth it to deal direct with PSA for one card most of the time. You can buy a membership for $110 (gold) or $189 (platinum) that gets you 6 or 15 free gradings, overkill if you want just one card graded, and it says you have to submit all your free gradings at once, plus you still pay the shipping both ways to get it there (another $20 or so). Or you can submit as a non member, pay at least $15 to grade the card at the lowest tier, $17.50 return shipping, and likely at least $2.50 to get it there, meaning you're paying $35 or more to grade one card. The shipping and high prices for the non bulk submissions just are not cost effective unless you're dealing with high end cards

I might be able to help. I submit every couple of months.

PM me with the card info. If you are not in a hurry I should be able to submit.

Or check in at the PSA forums (collectors universe). Every month there are people looking for a few extras cards to submit. Usually someone is short of the minimum needed for a monthly special.

PM me with any questions. I should be able to help.

Shawn

I have a membership as well and have wanted to do bulk group submissions.

With the current months special, cards under $100 from 1955-present can be graded at $5 a pop (45 day turnaround - ugh)... With shipping from PSA the price per card is around $5.90. That doesn't include shipping to and from the member that's submitting however. It still isn't a bad deal though.

I have a youtube channel (I won't post a link because I'm not sure of the rules here regarding that sort of thing), but was going to post a video tonight to see if there was any interest in bulk submissions. I don't have a lot of subs though, so I probably won't get much response. haha.

I am getting ready to send a lot in. I was trying to get to 50 for the $5 special, but will have to do the $5.50 special instead.

I let the members of another site send cards to me to be graded as well. So if I can ever help, let me know.

Thanks for the advice. I just took a look at the return shipping rates and they charge $17.50. What a rip off. I only have one card i want to grade at PSA and it really isn't worth it if they are going to charge that much for return shipping.

Unless you have a top, top card (s) to grade you will pay more for lesser priced cards. The trick is to send in by lots of 100 or more to really get your monies worth otherwise it is expensive each month for lots of 25 or less.

i always wanted to get my collection of topps cards (1 from each year) graded until I saw how much it cost to get them returned to you. I'm waiting until I hit the lottery or someone will take some cards for me. other than that my cards will just be in top loaders