Cards with fuzzy edges

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waltbfree

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
I have a few older cards that have side edges that are fuzzy or crinkled looking. Does this suggest they were laying on their side in a box or sloppy cutting or even counterfit :eek: ?

Notice the side in this 49 Leaf Dom DiMaggio:
DomDFront.jpg

and the 1961 Topps Roberto Clemente

roberto1961.jpg

Thanks for the help

I've always heard that referred to as a "rough cut". Pretty common for earlier era cards, the blade would dull and, well you see the results.

Yeah. I have a bunch of 1949 bowman cards with " fuzzy edges". I was wondering why the edges were like that as well.

Technology has improved greatly. If you want to freak yourself out, hold a stack of 55 Bowman baseball cards together and see if you can find cards that are the same size!! You'll swear you have a bunch of trimmed cards, even if you pulled them from packs yourself!!

Technology has improved greatly. If you want to freak yourself out, hold a stack of 55 Bowman baseball cards together and see if you can find cards that are the same size!! You'll swear you have a bunch of trimmed cards, even if you pulled them from packs yourself!!
That's what I'm saying. I stacked my 1949 bowman cards the other night and pretty much all of them were different sizes