Opinions on Best Target Deals?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

plopowitz

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Hi all...It's been quite some time since I purchased card packs. I was in Target with my son today, and noticed a pretty nice inventory of 2011 baseball.. They ranged from Bowman Chrome (3 cards per pack $2.99), to Bowman Chrome Draft Prospects, Topps, Topps Allen and Ginter,Absolute Memorabilia etc.

Is there an overall popular opinion on which would be the best Target product as far as value? More specifically, is there a particular Target-sold product that would best increase my chances for a nice pull? I do realize that some of here determine their purchases based on the product they wish to collect, but I don't collect anything specific, so a purchase (a few packs at most) would be more like buying a few scratch-off tickets. I've never pulled an autograph from a pack, it has been that long since I opened any.

Curious about what some of you think.
As always, thanks for your time and assistance,
Pete

I don't really buy much retail so I can't answer your question but I just thought I would recommend avoiding anything loose - like packs and rack packs. When I do buy something at a retail place its usually a blaster box...

Also, I never see them discounted at Target but at Kmart they often have older blaster boxes for 40% off....

I don't really buy much retail so I can't answer your question but I just thought I would recommend avoiding anything loose - like packs and rack packs. When I do buy something at a retail place its usually a blaster box...

Also, I never see them discounted at Target but at Kmart they often have older blaster boxes for 40% off....

cool!! I actually also saw a few brands of cards at the dollar store today...I should have paid closer attention to see if they were a good buy..i think they had panini stuff and grid iron gear football....i was in a hurry...oh well...

Pete

I always like the 2011 bowman Chrome at Target......because Harper has quite a few inserts in the 2011 Bowman Chrome......pulled his 2011 Bowman Chrome purple refractor serial #799 a few days ago! They were from an unopen retail box. Best regards, David

you should stay away from individual packs, too many cherry pickers out there.

i was just at target and got a box that was marked down twice, from 19.99 to 11.99 to 5.99 final cost.

kmart is great for older blasters marked down, like mentioned in above post. usually 40% or better.

walmart has also started doing markdowns on blasters, i've gotten a few from there also.

you can get 4 or 5 blasters sometimes for the price of a new blaster, so like i said, i'd stay away from the pack purchase.

paul

I agree in the main with the single packs BUT ... sometimes you can find the odd bargain or two in the 99c box at Target, worth a look.

Other than those, my kids like the blaster boxes usually priced around $12. Many even average a GU or AU in the box.

DAVE

I started buying the 1.59 value packs at the local Charlotte Target.
When they refill them on Monday, you aren't cherry picked and I usually snatch up all the Heroes '08 packs and some various packs.. even found 2001 UD Prospect Premieres!
Some really nice numbered parallels, game used, and even a few rookies of Wright and Howard to go along with them.

When they refill them on Monday, you aren't cherry picked and I usually snatch up all the Heroes '08 packs and some various packs.. even found 2001 UD Prospect Premieres!
Some really nice numbered parallels, game used, and even a few rookies of Wright and Howard to go along with them.

They still have the 2008 ud heroes packs? Best regards, David

My thoughts exactly. Those discounted $1.59 packs are always fun to open, not sure if all the Targets have them, though.

Target had marked down 2011 A&G to $15 last time I checked. Pulled some nice inserts, a Howard Black mini, and a GU too! So, I agree with the Box Blaster sentiment.

They still have the 2008 ud heroes packs? Best regards, David

Yep, every so often you can find 5-10 loose packs. Pulled a Bob Gibson Jersey Relic /50 last week from 6 packs! Plus two numbered parallels (Nomar /299 and a Fisk /399) and a YSL of Mattingly.

Awesome!!! I'm going to have to take a closer look, and find out exactly what they have at the dollar store...even though they're loose packs, may not be a bad deal for a buck!!!

My daughter pulled some nice cards recently from some $1 packs at the Dollar Tree, including a decent Jeff Keppinger AU (remember we ARE in Reds Country)! ;)

DAVE