Update: The Bench Policies regarding Paypal Gift Payments

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

you guys who are cheap, just pay your stupid paypal fees. If it's that big of a deal to you then charge whoever you are selling to an extra buck or whatever...I have never liked this whole "gift" thing...paypal might be greedy and evil, but they are providing a service and you are using that service...so just pay the man and don't cheat the system...the little bit you pay does at least provide you with "some" limited insurance on your trade.

My apologies, I was a little insulted at the comment that sales here "cheapen the site".

It's all about context, pulled from the full quote I was referring to people not invested enough in the site to establish themselves as traders and collectors, it was in response to why we don't let new members sell if they still had to send first:

I think the strength of this site is from trading and community. Too many people who come on here looking to just sell kind of just cheapen the site, so rather than cater to their needs we look at the greater picture. I think this site is enhanced by the collector first mentality that comes from trading rather than the quick buck artists that might otherwise gravitate to this site if they didn't have to make that initial 20 Bench Points.

I support the new policy, and will abide by it.

Thanks mods for your services, which apparently some of us forget are performed free of charge.

Thanks again,
Pete

Well I am just grateful to have a great site to trade on, and for the Mods to take all the time they do to watch out for good honest traders and buyers here. I will happily abide by the rule. The Mods here do a great job and do it for free, and since they are the ones who deal with all the bad sales ( again free of charge ) I will trust they have a good reason to make the rules they do !