What do you prefer to have a baseball signed with?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Quarter Box

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
My son's 3rd grade teacher is out for maternity leave. Her replacement is having her son visit tomorrow, Johnny Monell, who is with the SF Giants organization. He'll be handing out cards, thoug hI don't know whether they wil be signed or not. I have a new Rawlings 'official league' baseball that I gave to Adam. If he can get it signed, he gets to keep it. My question is what should he use to get the ball signed with? Any particular kind of pen or perhaps marker? What will hold up over the test of time better?

Thank you,
---Frank

i figured the same. i kinda figured ink is best for sigs on baseballs, and i as i started reading this thread, was trying to visualize, and blue stuck out as probably the best.

paul

Adam, with his trophies:
th_000_0002.jpg

He also got a page of his notebook, his pencil box, and a marker bag signed.
No doubt, Johnny Monell is a nice guy, and must have the patience of a saint!

Thank you,
---Frank

i dont know why but the same ball point pen in blue stays perfect over the years, but a black ink pen exactly like it bleeds...happens every time. I've got a warren spahn ball i got IP in 1992 thats signed in black and you can guess the outcome of that.

I have learned that over the years sharpies fade over time.
The blue pen looks nice, stands out, and stays on the ball.

I have a ball signed by my high school team, after we won the Minnesota Region 1AA Championship in 1991 that our coach had us sign in fine tip sharpie. Knowing that, I figured that they would be gone by now as it has been 21 years but they have held up remarkably well. Granted sentimental value is way higher on this, we did have one pitcher spend some time in the Rockies system

Trade night

Days
Hours
Mins
Secs
Trade night is on!

Click here to join the fun!

Sponsors

Latest posts and bumps

Members online