Koufax find

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Quarter Box

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Don't find me much in this forum, but here I am again. I was listing some programs last night, and I was going to include a 1966 Dodgers yearbook I had picked up. While writing the description I flipped through the pages again to double check condition, and discovered the full page photo of Sandy Koufax was signed. No doubt it is a signature, and I am in the process of checking now to see if it may be legit (My first impression--the S looks a little funny compared to the facsimile on the preceding page). I'll listen to opinions if anyone cares to offer.

th_000_0003.jpgth_000_0004.jpgth_000_0005.jpg

Thank you,
---Frank

Don't find me much in this forum, but here I am again. I was listing some programs last night, and I was going to include a 1966 Dodgers yearbook I had picked up. While writing the description I flipped through the pages again to double check condition, and discovered the full page photo of Sandy Koufax was signed. No doubt it is a signature, and I am in the process of checking now to see if it may be legit (My first impression--the S looks a little funny compared to the facsimile on the preceding page). I'll listen to opinions if anyone cares to offer.

th_000_0003.jpgth_000_0004.jpgth_000_0005.jpg

Thank you,
---Frank

Hey Frank
If you ask Mr Morpar >He might be abvle to tell you if it is good or not He is a Big Dodger collector and probably ha an auto or two of Sandy
Tom

here is one to compare it to
koufax1.jpg

I've looked at many Koufax autos and I believe this is real. My guess is, he signed it at a ballpark holding the program in one hand while signing with the other. That could explain the lopsided S and the unusual (but not rare) last name under the first instead of straight across.

That being all good and well, I don't feel comfortable listing it on eBay. So I am going to offer it here on this thread only for trade or sale. Not overly anxious to keep or move it. I'll have the option, come this summer, to have it JSA'ed. Another option would be to cut the page from the program, frame it, and hang it on my wall. But if anyone has any interest, lmk, and we'll take it from there.

Thank you,
---Frank

I'd guess it to be good. I could see someone faking one if it was a pictured pulled from a magazine and alone or a cover sig, but to have one buried in the middle of a magazine makes no sense as a forgery. Someone probably got it signed and forgot about it, eventually moving the item w/o much thought. Nice find!

I found one myself that way. Opened up an extra 81 Media Guide I bought on ebay, trying to pick the nicest one for the collection and Koufax auto was staring back at me! Needless to say, I kept both!

What do you want for it Frank?

The only thing that bothers me is that it's signed with a permanent marker..............Could it be that it was signed in 1997 and forgotten until now? Probably not signed that way in 1966 or 1967....................Compared to Droubaysports auto, it looks real to me......................

I'd guess it to be good. I could see someone faking one if it was a pictured pulled from a magazine and alone or a cover sig, but to have one buried in the middle of a magazine makes no sense as a forgery. Someone probably got it signed and forgot about it, eventually moving the item w/o much thought. Nice find!

I found one myself that way. Opened up an extra 81 Media Guide I bought on ebay, trying to pick the nicest one for the collection and Koufax auto was staring back at me! Needless to say, I kept both!

What do you want for it Frank?

mrmopar, PM sent

and I have interest as well

If it remains available, I'll contact you, Droubay.