Recent pickups - April

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

As always, some nice stuff has been had! I have gotten these in this week. Just need a few more from each set to complete them:

041120124.jpg

041120123.jpg

and the big daddy for the week:

041120121.jpg

Dewayne

Todays Mail was pretty nice, all from one package!

03DonrussJerseyKings2GregMaddux.jpg

03FleerPatchworksGameWornPatchLevel2DualGM.jpg
03FleerPatchworksNationalPatchtimeNumbeGMGregMaddux.jpg

03UpperDeckLeadingSwatchesGoldGMGregMaddux262ERA.jpg

03 Tradition is Gold version #'ed/100
03FleerTraditionGameUsedGold31GregMadduxJsyMem.jpg
03DonrussGamersJerseyNumber4GregMadduxMem.jpg

02FleerBoxScoreAmazingGreatsDualSwatch8GregMaddux.jpg

02UpperDeckVintageTimelessTeamsGameBatQuad.jpg

03DiamondKingsDiamondCutCollection58GregMadduxJs350.jpg

LAstly the full scan of YEsterdays PWE shipping
04FleerAuthentixGameJerseyUnrippedGMGregMadduxMem.jpg

Also got in 5 07 Topps M&M Blacks and about 15 insert/serial #'ed cards as well I havent gotten scanned yet

Another Ruth! W00t! LOL!

Got these in over the past week:
For the Giambi collection....
GiambiJason0039.jpg

And adding to my large non-sport collection....
AvengersAssembleAD16.jpg
AvengersAssembleAD17.jpg
AvengersAssembleAD18.jpg
AvengersAssembleAD21.jpg
AvengersAssembleAS08.jpg
AvengersAssembleAT07.jpg
Kick-AssMemorabilia1.jpg

:D
Jason

Seeing some of those Maddux GU makes me miss Donruss/Playoff. If the Panini version of D/P were to ever come back I don't think it would be the same. Speaking of which...

sonnygray2.jpg
Sonny Gray 2011 Playoff Contenders and Elite Extra on-card autographs. It seems like he might be one of the next good young A's pitchers and I've managed to pick up several of his non-rare 2011 autographs (also have Bowman Chrome Draft & Refractor, Bowman Sterling & Refractor, Leaf Metal, and Leaf Valiant).

tejadadejesus.jpg
Miguel Tejada 2003 Fleer Avant Copper Autograph/150 and David DeJesus 2011 Bowman Chrome Cyan Printing Plate 1/1. I don't often miss Fleer because they had more misses than hits in their last few years, but Avant was definitely one of their hits, very nice looking set. As for the DeJesus, it's hard to turn down a Topps/Bowman A's printing plate for $8.

weeksanderson.jpg
2012 Topps Tribute Jemile Weeks Autograph/99 and 2011 Topps Triple Threads Brett Anderson Triple Jersey/Autograph/50. The Weeks finishes the pair of his /99 autos in Tribute...the /50's have been selling for a little more than I like so I still have those to pick up. I resolved to stop being cheap bidding on Triple Threads stuff and my first reward was the Brett Anderson/50...extra nice because it's the Green version to go with the team colors. Cost me about $12, same as the Weeks.

Off to see the A's play the Mariners!
Richard

Dewayne- Insane! Love seeing your posts! How close are you to finishing that set?

I am down to needing these:

2005 Sweet Spot Classic: Feller, Valenzuela, Reese, Musial, Stargell (SP #/18)

2007 Sweet Spot Classic: Mathewson, Fingers, F. Robinson (Cleveland), F. Robinson (SF), Baines (bat), Reese (bat), Clark

I have only seen a few of the cards even listed on ebay. If you have any or know of any one that has them let me know.

Dewayne

3 Additions to my O'neill 21/ collection
2012 Topps Tribute Autographs Orange #PO2 Paul O'Neill 21/25
2012 Topps Tribute Autographs Orange #PO3 Paul O'Neill 21/25
2012 Topps Tribute Retired Remnants Relics Orange #PO Paul O'Neill 21/25
2012Tribute.jpg
2012Tributebat.jpg

I used my EBAY bucks and bought a couple of Lankfors off EBAY from Burbank. Yes they were both priced over book, but I only paid $8 delivered after using my bucks.
1998 Metal Universe Precious Metal Gems 48/50
metaluniverse.jpg

1999 Stadium Club First Day Issue 86/200. Despite being numbered to 200, this one has been hard to find.
stadiumclub.jpg

Yanks21- I was just down in Dallas and a place called Nicks Sports cards and they had a Paul O'Neil 1/1 Topps Sterling Jumbo swatch for $50 I think. Here is their phone number 972-248-2271.

Not sure if you are interested or if they would work a deal over the phone but just though of this when I saw your post. Good luck and sorry I didn't pick it up!!

Nice Pickups everybody, I also miss Donruss more and more every day!

Another solid Mailday for me!
05 Topps Black BV 80
2005ToppsBlack155GregMadduxS54.jpg

05 Topps Black BV 80 (1/54)
2005ToppsBlack704GregMadduxGGS54.jpg

08 Topps Blck bv 40
2008ToppsBlack625GregMadduxS57.jpg

09 ToppsBlack BV 30
2009ToppsBlack287GregMadduxS58.jpg

After years of learning, I had my first huge prospecting success the past couple of weeks. As a result, this came in today:

$(KGrHqF,!r!E88gTl4g8BPgjsPbN1!~~60_58.jpg

It's got to be the most I've ever spent on a card and is the only cut signature I want enough to justify buying. It's also important to me that it is cut from a bank document from a time when nicer cuts were available for cards.