Review Topps Museum Collection - M L B

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Topps Museum Collection - M L B

4 Mini boxes and 5 cards per mini box
"Every Box contains 1 on card auto, 1 auto'd relic, 1 quad relic and 1 jumbo relic"

I received the following:

11 unique base cards - no dupes - :)

img226.jpg

This is a premium issue, but it really doesn't 'feel' like a premium issue. The cards are printed on a thick - but light-wieght - stock. The photography is sharp and the images look excellent. The front has gold foil and a semi gloss finish. The reverse has personal stats, professional stats, and a synopsis of the player's career. Only receiving 11 base cards, one might have a small hill to climb as far as completing the base set.

Inserts

Parallels

img227.jpg

Votto, Trumbo, Crawford - all #ed to 299
Lee #ed to 199
Pedroria #ed to 99

All numbered on the front of the card!!!:eek:

Museum Canvas Collection

img228.jpg

Killebrew

Relics / Autos

img229.jpg

Quad Relic
Joey Votto #ed to 25

img230.jpg

Triple Relic
Brandon Belt #ed to 299

On Card Auto
img231.jpg

Mark Trumbo #ed to 399

Jumbo Relic
img232.jpg

Tony Gwynn #1/5

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Museum Collection - this is a good issue for the player collector - not so much for the set builder. One will have a number of parallels to chase as well as numbered relics and auto'd relics. I have checked with a store or 2 here in Orlando and the retail on a box is now running in excess of $200. I can say that I believe this is a good value at $100 to $125 per box, just a little steep at $200+ - but having said that, folks are still buying the boxes. Ain't America and our capitalist society great??

I really like the on card auto - blue Sharpee - it looks fantastic. The 2 patches also look great and the card(s) are designed for the thicker patch - very well done.

The Canvas Collection - cool looking card - I wish I had received more of them.

Overall grade B++ cards 'feel' too light weight...

Go buy several boxes and send the Rays cards, parallels, and relics to me!!

Duane

Nice break! Did you pull any Cabrera and are the Trumbos available?

Any interest in any of these?
2007 Topps Update Gold Carlos Pena UH91 #/2007
2011 Topps Gold Tampa Bay Rays 52 #/2011
2008 Donruss Elite Extra Edition Green College Ties David Price w/ Brett Jacobson CTC-24 0782/1500

Nice break! Did you pull any Cabrera and are the Trumbos available?

Any interest in any of these?
2007 Topps Update Gold Carlos Pena UH91 #/2007
2011 Topps Gold Tampa Bay Rays 52 #/2011
2008 Donruss Elite Extra Edition Green College Ties David Price w/ Brett Jacobson CTC-24 0782/1500

No Cabrera - I will give you the Trumbo parallel #ed to 299

Duane

Sounds good, would you like any of the above cards listed in return? Sorry I am running a bit low on tradebait right now.

Nice review, I would be interested in trading for the Votto's (that quad is a beauty). Anything in particular you're looking for?

Wow, those cards are beautiful. I could use any available Giants (of course I am not talking about the Belt) or Lance Berkman. Your reviews are well done, thanks for sharing....