Smokin' Gun!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rangersfan1982

BANNED
5.00 star(s)
BANNED
It was good to see the Astros wearing the throwback Colt .45's jerseys the other night....fitting that I got this back today...

Bob Aspromonte - 3/2 (5 days)
1000 Upton Park Blvd. Apt 241
Houston, TX 77056

Mr. Aspromonte signed my Ebbets Field 8x10 and inscribed "Last Brooklyn Dodger to play in Major Leagues" without even asking for it. Photo was previously signed by Carl Erskine & Rocky Bridges w/ requested inscriptions. Starting to look pretty nice! :) I had a card of Ebbets Field I was working on, but it got lost in the mail several months ago unfortunately. Mr. Aspromonte included the 8x10 (Wikipedia type page) when he sent my photo back. Class act!

hpqscan0001-16.jpg

hpqscan0002-15.jpg

He is a class act, Andrew. Always has been. There was a show on FSN a few years ago about him, and how he fulfilled the promise he made to a young fan from Arkansas to hit a home run while the boy was in the hospital. The young boy had lost his eye sight in an accident, and Aspromonte went to see him in the hospital and a life long friendship began that day. Several months passed and the boy returned to Houston for surgery to restore his sight. Again he asked Aspro to hit a home run for him, and sure enough Aspro came through. A year later, the boy returned to Colt Stadium so he could actually see his hero, Aspromonte, play. You guessed it, the boy asked Aspro to hit another home run, and...yep, in his first at bat, as his team mates were cheering him on to hit one for the boy, Aspro sent another one over the fence. Aspromonte, you see, was anything but a home run hitter. He was a gap hitter with occasional power. Great story. Even a greater human being.

Great story Jim, I want to say I have heard that before but maybe not. I would love the chance to meet him. I saw a photo on Bob Bruce's Facebook page not too long ago of him and Aspro in their Colt .45s jerseys, wish I could find a larger image to send to them to get signed.

Wow, great return! I have an auto of him I got TTM as well, and he seems to sign pretty fast. Nice extras and pic of Ebbets Field as well; that will look great framed!