no hitter - Phil Humber

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bongo870

Pro
5.00 star(s)
With his perfect game i thought i would check to see what i had of his and found these 2.
PHILIPHUMBER2.jpg

PHILIPHUMBER.jpg

Last edited:
Only the second Perfecto/no hitter that I just happened into in 25 years, that is to say watched every pitch live from the beginning.

The last one was also a White Sox, Wilson Alvarez, I believe in 1991.

As a Mariners fan this was NO FUN to watch. It sould probably only count as 3/4 of a no-hitter given that it was against the Ms @ SAFECO.

Another Ex-Met to pitch a no-no (perfect game) and still...the Mets have yet to have one in their history!!!
Ryan x7
Gooden
Cone
Scott
Seaver

Last edited:
I needed a starter in a fantasy league... happened to pick up Mr. Humber Sat. morning!!!

Even if you're a player collector, I would sell now when there insanely high and the re-buy same cards again when they're much lower. This is the time to make a good profit on those kind of cards. I wish I had some of my own!

I may....

Last edited:
I believe he pitched his before becoming a Met...NO?
Edit- I looked it up, I forgot he pitched one with the Tigers after the Mets. Good call! Anyone else?

2 others participated in combined no-hitters after their tenure with the mets :
alejandro pena
octavio dotel (and billy wagner took part in this one BEFORE his time with the mets)