Lindor Chrome AU

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tygercub12

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
I pulled a 2011 Bowman Chrome Draft Prospect Autographs Refractors #FL Francisco Lindor /500 (BV $50) today.

I know -nothing- about prospects, I don't like gambling with prospects. So I need advice...

Do I hang on to it or should I try to sell it now? Does anyone think the value will increase? Decrease?

I had the good fortune to hold on to several serial numbered Pujols RCs when I pulled them... but not sure what I should do here.

Please help!

How many players besides Pujols have you hung on to their rookies? How many have kept going up? Anyone can get hot at any given time, but all you can do is guess on when to sell. How much profit is enough for you? Did you buy high on a box, or was this a one pack retail pull at Target? Are you trying to put the base set together or was it just an impulse buy? He's a young shortstop prospect. Is he going to be the next Jeter or the next Alfredo Griffin or the next Matt Bush? Nobody knows that answer. People get paid a lot of money to try and figure that out when they draft them, and look at their track record. For that matter, look at your fantasy baseball teams, you can't always make the best picks even when you've got players with proven track records. Guessing what anyone will do seven years from now is a flip of the coin at best. I always say if you can make a decent profit now and have no real attachment to the card, sell it and don't worry. It may go up later, but you'll still be asking yourself "should I sell now or should I keep holding on?" and fight with yourself again then. Or even worse, he never makes it and 8 years from now he's a minor league journeyman and the card has an $8 BV

Lindor is a pretty solid prospect. The downside is that he is a starting pitcher.

I would hang onto it, but look for the short time frame to unload it (around MLB debut, etc)

Lindor is a pretty solid prospect. The downside is that he is a starting pitcher.

I would hang onto it, but look for the short time frame to unload it (around MLB debut, etc)

Did he switch? Everything I read (both articles, so not a huge amount) listed him as a shortstop, even this year

How many players besides Pujols have you hung on to their rookies? How many have kept going up? Anyone can get hot at any given time, but all you can do is guess on when to sell. How much profit is enough for you? Did you buy high on a box, or was this a one pack retail pull at Target? Are you trying to put the base set together or was it just an impulse buy? He's a young shortstop prospect. Is he going to be the next Jeter or the next Alfredo Griffin or the next Matt Bush? Nobody knows that answer. People get paid a lot of money to try and figure that out when they draft them, and look at their track record. For that matter, look at your fantasy baseball teams, you can't always make the best picks even when you've got players with proven track records. Guessing what anyone will do seven years from now is a flip of the coin at best. I always say if you can make a decent profit now and have no real attachment to the card, sell it and don't worry. It may go up later, but you'll still be asking yourself "should I sell now or should I keep holding on?" and fight with yourself again then. Or even worse, he never makes it and 8 years from now he's a minor league journeyman and the card has an $8 BV

I know that's the risk, he could end up another Pujols or a Brien Taylor. I only bought a hobby box because it was on sale for $60 bucks and I wanted to bust something. I had never even heard of him, to be honest... I haven't followed baseball (aside from the Yankees) since moving to Europe. I saw on eBay that the /500 autos are going between 20 and 40 dollars right now. I am still undecided, maybe I will do what cjay101 said and hold onto it until his debut.

Thanks for the advice and wisdom. :D

I like Lindor a LOT as a prospect. He's excellent at shortstop and I saw him win the AFLAC HR derby a couple years back. However, he doesn't project to hit for much power and I would be selling. He has a chance to be great though but there's always quite a risk in freshly drafted hs players.

I know that's the risk, he could end up another Pujols or a Brien Taylor. I only bought a hobby box because it was on sale for $60 bucks and I wanted to bust something. I had never even heard of him, to be honest... I haven't followed baseball (aside from the Yankees) since moving to Europe. I saw on eBay that the /500 autos are going between 20 and 40 dollars right now. I am still undecided, maybe I will do what cjay101 said and hold onto it until his debut.

Thanks for the advice and wisdom. :D

Not a bad idea, the toughest part is deciding the wait vs the return. How much extra can you make by waiting? What were Alex Gordon Bowman chrome autos selling for in 2006/2007 vs what they were when he finally started living up to the hype last year? I bought a box of 2002 Prospect Premieres on closeout back in 2003 or 04, pulled a Khalil Greene auto AND a Zack Greinke auto. I held on to them, when Greinke had his breakout year, I got I think $63 for it. I'm still waiting on Greene. Would I really have lost much overall profit selling them both ASAP vs waiting 5 or 6 years? (or 8-9 years and counting for Greene)