I busted a pack searcher again,..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bombie1138

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Yeppers,
A GQ rack pack shaker,.I come walking up to buy a marked down blaster and
it was a women about 30 years old,..
One thing I do greatly miss is walking into a card shop and asking to pull a few packs from the box,knowing no one has weighed,torn,x-rayed,metal detected,shook,held up to light,or resealed the pack.,.
I didn't say anything but I shot her a look and kind-of crowded her out of the way,.lol

Clint

good for you. I am not sure what i would do when i see one. Though i have only seen one once. He was on the phone with someone else at another target telling him what to look for. he was standing there forever and didnt care i was there too.

Sorry, you didn't bust her. Saying something to her or a manager would be "busting", not giving her a "look"..

Sorry, you didn't bust her. Saying something to her or a manager would be "busting", not giving her a "look"..

In a sense, he did bust her. If he gave her a look and she walked off then you could make a case for him "busting" her. But I definately would have told a manager though!

Managers won't do anything. To a retail store, it's just like trying on clothes, or flipping through a magazine. They don't care. They're not going to do anything.

Yeppers,
A GQ rack pack shaker,.I come walking up to buy a marked down blaster and
it was a women about 30 years old,..
One thing I do greatly miss is walking into a card shop and asking to pull a few packs from the box,knowing no one has weighed,torn,x-rayed,metal detected,shook,held up to light,or resealed the pack.,.
I didn't say anything but I shot her a look and kind-of crowded her out of the way,.lol

Clint

you ole' thug you...you sure showed that woman a thing or two...and nice use of a "mean mug" as well.

Congrats.

shooting her a look is like seeing a B and E in your net door neighbors house and waiting for them to leave to call the cops. confront her tell her shes messing it all up for everyone and stealing. i think if more of us caught these A@@@@@@@@s that these stores might set up and take notice, hell if not why not just pop the packs open and go through em if its like trying on shirts. or better yet take em home sort ema nd take em back as a return telling them its not what i wanted and i need to get my money back as it was a bad gift.

Managers won't do anything. To a retail store, it's just like trying on clothes, or flipping through a magazine. They don't care. They're not going to do anything.

plenty get away with it in the stores in my hometown , but USUALLY when someone DOES turn one in a manager does ask them to put the merchandise down and leave the store.....was very happy to see that happen a few times myself though i have no doubt the perpetrators came back later in hopes of getting away with it ....

i do have two experiences i found rather funny....

back in 1996 a local drug store had tons of packs...a friend and i would stop in 3-4 nights a week and buy 20-30 packs each ...we often came across entire boxes of brand new product that had just been put on the shelf that but that had obviously been felt up or even opened before we got there....despite that blatant searching , my friend marveled at home many team pinnacles , artist's proofs , and other assorted popular (and at the time pricey) cards were left there in the packs that had already been opened....

in the other case , i stopped in at one of regular local spots and went to the card aisle....lying right there on the bottom shelf atop all the loose packs someone had left their rather expensive little toy - a very sensitive and high quality digital scale that was obviously their tool of choice for weighing the packs....i turned it over to the store manager and explained its purpose.....within a week or two all their card inventory was moved to a more secure area so that people had no way to stand there and search the packs anymore....

Yeah, I know what you're talking about. The card shop around my house went out of business but it was nice to know that if there was one pack left in the box, there was still a 1/24 chance of getting a jersey or auto. At Target or Walmart, once there's a few packs left, you can assume that they've been picked over.

Target actually has a corporate policy that pack searching is to be dealt with by the floor manager. The searcher is to be warned it is against store policy and that if further searching occurs, they will be banned from the store.

Nothing better for Hobby or Retail business than someone getting a great hit out of a box being sold as packs. It is great to hear about folks who make an effort to keep the thrill of scoring a great card alive in the few places left we can still buy packs of cards.

Well done and thank you

you ole' thug you...you sure showed that woman a thing or two...and nice use of a "mean mug" as well.

Congrats.

LOL,.
Yeppers,..I should have just reached out and gave her a big pinch,and told her she was a big,mean pack-searcher,.!!
but seriously I just wasn't in the mood to be confrontational.

Clint

Target actually has a corporate policy that pack searching is to be dealt with by the floor manager. The searcher is to be warned it is against store policy and that if further searching occurs, they will be banned from the store.

That's why I stay away from high class places like Target.

I think its crap anyway, people ruin the hobby searching through packs....takes all the fun out of it for the rest of us!

It's greed, basic human nature, it hasn't changed in thousands of years, it won't change any time soon. There aren't many hobbies that are immune from greed. If someone standing there digging through packs at Target to get to the Josh Reddick autograph is taking all the fun out, you might want to look into a new hobby.

I try to stick to blasters and rack packs no matter what at the stores - the hobby shop is the only place I buy single packs.

I try to stick to blasters and rack packs no matter what at the stores - the hobby shop is the only place I buy single packs.

Agreed- although I will support the hobby shop owner more frequently than retail outlets, sometimes one can't resist a blaster.

Even blasters are not immune. I was in walmart a couple of years ago and bought a football blaster that some jerk before me bought took out all the football and reseald it with junk wax baseball from the 1980s and 1990s. They were cool about it though and refunded my money.