I was reading the Sunday NY Times today ....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Love this! Thanks for sharing! Scott's vision to complete that set has been an inspiration to many collectors out there. It was a pleasure to trade with Scott and add something to that set.

my father-in-law showed me this article today, I told him there was a good chance that he was a member of an online site ... didn't put 2 & 2 together until i saw this thread .... you go MORT!!

And one of our own members MORT (Scott Mortimer) was on page 2 of the Sports section. Enjoy and congrats!
Ha! It made the print edition?? I thought it was just going to be online. Could I send you a SASE for the article?

Tyler Kepner contacted me about two weeks ago and wanted to check out the autographs. Turns out he collected cards and autographs in the 80s.

I set up all my autographs on every flat surface in the house...the dining room with both the leafs, the buffet in the dining room, the kitchen table with both the leafs, a card table, part of the kitchen counter, and some of the table on the porch. Needless to say my wife wasn't too thrilled with this arrangement.
293766_10150914406817353_1593748469_n.jpg

Tyler came by my home last Sunday. He lives in CT and his family has a vacation house central in NH. He spent a couple hours talking baseball checking out the autographs.
480030_4300193989550_2046087012_n.jpg

The photographer, Bryce Vickmark, came by the next day and took about 497 more pictures than I thought he was going to take.

It was a fun time!

You're a class act, Scott. So is your wife for allowing you to display that set like that. I guessing you don't have cats. My cards wouldn't have lasted two minutes on the table like that. One of our furry feline family members loooooooves the taste of those darn sleeves, and I've found him trying to brake into my room to try to get ahold of some sleeves.

Great story. Love seeing people doing the theme sets. I'd never last doing a complete set, just because I don't want commons, but Dodger teams sets is another story. Unfortunately too many Mike Marshalls, Vicente Romos and Ricky Wrights in the way!!

Mort -
I was at a restaurant that had the paper as a courtesy. I will take a check to see if I can find it today.

You're a class act, Scott. So is your wife for allowing you to display that set like that. I guessing you don't have cats. My cards wouldn't have lasted two minutes on the table like that. One of our furry feline family members loooooooves the taste of those darn sleeves, and I've found him trying to brake into my room to try to get ahold of some sleeves.

Aint that the truth Jim my little family members love to just get involved and get in the action too and maybe run off with a penny sleve or two too lol.

But great job sweet read always good to see some positive news about one of use old baseball card collectors.

dave

awesome..so glad i was able to help you out, Mort. Hope to be able to assist in the future as well.