Recent Pickups - August

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FC1979 last one!

fc1979

Last edited:
I've been lazy about taking pics/scans lately, so here's a bunch of the cooler cards I've picked up over the past couple months. A few might be reposts from last month's thread.

scan001.jpg
Four Chavez Mirror Emeralds/5, plus a Chavez/Rolen Reflections dual sig. These were all pickups from ChavezCollector on The Bench.

scan002.jpg
Some cool Zitos I picked up on eBay. I feel like I paid around $10 for each of the TOTT's and dual auto, and around $5 for the patch and Finest auto.

scan003.jpg
A couple of Rich Harden 1/1's along with 2 patches and a Harden/Street dual auto/25. Plus, two Tim Hudson autographs I didn't have. These were all from eBay.

scan004.jpg
Missing one Silver auto/10, I'll pick one up if I see a deal but it's not a priority.

scan005.jpg
Winding down my Jemile Weeks 2011 Bowman Sterling needs, I've now got all of his auto/jerseys down to this Black/25 (also have regular, Refractor/199, and Gold Refractor/50) so I'm just missing the Purple/10 and Canary/1...the Canary sold on eBay for over $300 so I will jsut have to live my life without it. The dual Rickie/Jemile Black/25 gives me a complete set of the 5 versions varying from regular/196 to Purple/10, just need the Red/1. The two 2012 Bowman plates are my only Jemile 1/1's...I went for the Red 1/1 but was sniped at the last second, boo.

scan006.jpg
Sonny Gray 2011 Bowman Chrome Draft Orange/25 & Gold/50 along with a 2011 Bowman Sterling Purple/10. The Brett Anderson Topps Black/58 RC was a great deal, it was in a lot of 4 Anderson RCs and the seller didn't mention that it was a Black anywhere in the title or description, or even mention that it was numbered. I spotted it in the scan while browsing Anderson auctions and won it for a buck plus shipping. :)

scan007.jpg
Some more eBay deals, I don't think I paid more than $10 for any of these. The Tejada Bowman auto is from his RC year, 1997.

scan008.jpg
I've wanted one of those triple jersey cards for a while, just thought it was a nice-looking card, paid around $15 for it...the card isn't creased, it's just the penny sleeve. The Jimmie Foxx bat was a steal at $10, the seller honestly noted that it had some chipping so it went low. The chipping is pretty minor and doesn't bother me at all, it would just affect the resale value. The Grieve/Sexson is the first old school Co-Signers card in my collection, picked it up for just $5 on COMC. I never even knew the Isringhausen Leather Bound glove card existed, but when I saw it I had to have it because it's just so cool. I think I paid around $5, so not bad.

Richard

Very nice pickups. I recognize the Zito Finest auto I traded you a couple months ago.

Yep, thanks for the trade, nice card!

I went on a bit of a spending spree last week, here's another batch that arrived yesterday:

scan013.jpg

Jarrod Parker Finest RC autos: X-Fractor/299 and base Refractor/198, Jemile Weeks Razor Lettermen auto/20, Seth Frankoff USA patch/99 (he's having a pretty bad year in the A's minor leagues, but hey, nice patch!), and a Miguel Tejada 2001 Autographics Silver/250. I believe the Parkers were $10-12, Weeks and Tejada were under $10, and the patch was like $4.

And the big arrival, my first SUPERFRACTOR:

zitosuper.jpg

2006 Bowman Chrome Barry Zito Superfractor 1/1.
It cost me $94, which is the second-most I've ever spent on a card, only behind the $105 I paid for a T206 Chief Bender. A bit of a splurge but it's the new highlight of my Zito/Hudson/Mulder collection.

Richard

Okay, the last bigger-ticket item from my spending spree last week showed up yesterday:

jarrodparkergold.jpg
2012 Bowman Chrome RC Autograph Gold Refractor/50 Jarrod Parker.

That completes my base through Gold collection of A's RCs from the set:

scan014.jpg
scan015.jpg

Richard

Looking good Richard!! I'm down in Houston for a little bit and hit a few shops and a card show. Got some decent Bagwell stuff. Plus I am going to Bagwell bobblehead night tonight!!!

Good pick up fellas!!

Matt

There have been a lot of great pick ups this month!

I got this in the past week from some trades and ebay pick ups:

081720125.jpg

081720129.jpg

081720128.jpg

081720121.jpg

Always looking at add RC PSA/DNA autos if anyone has any.
Dewayne

Been wanting this one for a while. Cost me a lot more than I recall the last one go for but haven't seen it in a few years. Well worth it imo. Sorry about the large pic - just snagged it off ebay.

$T2eC16dHJIYE9qUcO3(DBQJs0tBW8!~~60_57.jpg

Some of my new pickups:
Very Early Cosy sig (late 40's- early 50's)
cousy.jpg

Tony Lavelli (1949-50 Celtics, 1950-51 Knicks)
tony.jpg

ED Macauley 49-50 St. Louis Bombers, 50-56 Bostonon Celtics, 56-59 St louis Hawks (HOF 1960)
ed.jpg

Abe Becker (1949-1951 NYU not involved in the point shaving scandal that HBO had a special on)
abe.jpg

Red schoendiest
red.jpg

Durocher
leo.jpg

2012 GQ Nat'l mini's..........Just need the Harper now..................

2012natmini

1969 Topps Deckle Edge #27 Roberto Clemente...........

69clemente

1991 Topps Archives 1953 #105 Joe Nuxhall TTM pick up at a local card show...

nuxhall

bear0555- Very nice! Is their a print run on it?

Droubaysports- As always, amazing finds.

metsman1986- Good luck with the Harper!!

sunsports- The Sweet Spot Triple patch is rad! I also really like the TTT auto/swatch!

Great pick ups everyone! I'll be back from Vacation Sunday night. I'll post all my goodies then!!

Keep 'em coming!

Matt

scan020.jpg

Woohoo I finally pulled an A's autograph from a pack, and not a bad one! 2012 Topps Chrome Jarrod Parker Rookie Auto out of the hobby box I opened today. The other autograph was Jesus Montero, so I didn't do bad at all - none of the top names but no scrubs.

The other 3 are from eBay; 2012 Finest Green Refractor RC 093/199 Yoenis Cespedes and 2 Xavier Nady's I've been hunting for a while: 2002 Bowman Chrome Gold Refractor 31/50 and 2009 Topps Chrome Red Refractor 10/25.

Richard

bear0555- Very nice! Is their a print run on it?

No print run released but I can see a ton of them being in PCs. Even then, there can't be that many out there if they're so hard to find.

Here's the last 2012 PG All American IP auto I need for my set. Got 46 of 48 cards signed at the game and bought the last two on ebay. My first time completing my goal of obtaining a signed set. Seller charged me tax, so I anticipate I'll be asking to see his business license.

$(KGrHqV,!q0E+og)2RDkBQKHoRqBWw~~60_3.jpg

Last edited:
I am not sure if these are legit. There was so much chatter about these being real and not real. Either way I had to add these to my PC.
ud20th.jpg