Help Please.... Barry Sanders Autograph card

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rock99_1999

BANNED
4.90 star(s)
BANNED
I have found a 1991 Pro Set #388 of Barry Sanders.
Signed in Silver Sharpe very clean autograph on the back it is numbered 26/675

Does anyone have any information on this card. Someone told me Pro Set had them signed and inserted them into the 1992 card packs.

any help would be greatly appreciated.
5cafa8ad.jpg
d86740d0.jpg

I've never seen it before, and it's not on my checklist. Seems like a high "print run" for a buyback auto from recent packs.

Not sure where it came from, but I can say it's not from 91 or 92.

I put a scan on The Bench twitter account to see if anyone out there might know.

Last edited:
that's a terrible photo of sanders, lol. looks like he's bloated and ready to spit some food out!

nice find if it's a real deal auto :)

paul

hmm dunno, i found a card i pulled many many years after i had got them as a kid from those Pro Sets and the corner was stamped with the autograph on the back, still wouldn't have known if i hadn't seen the back and probably would have thrown it out eventually seeing as it was a coach I didn't know

It could be after market with an attached COA... like scoreboard or something like that.

I have a Derrick Coleman Scoreboard buyback that has the corner stamped as well, don't know if they did that with all their buybacks or not since thats the only one I have

I also know that there was a bunch of fake score board autos out there. After scoreboard closed, I think someone got a hold of the stamp from the factory and create a bunch of fakes. I remember see a bunch of the Barry Bonds fakes, from score board all sport set (red background I believe).

I cant help you other than to say that the signature on the card doesnt compare to any IP examples online (Sanders has never been a consistent TTM signer, so not much help there). Sorry!

1992 Pro Set only had 2 autographed inserts as i remember, Emmitt Smith & Erik Kramer. I've never seen a serial numbered autographed Pro Set card before.

The fakes from scoreboard started up when the original owners son took control frpm what i gather. Do think all cards got corner stamped with scoreboard that were buyback autos. As far as Barry TTM if you got a retutn it was a stamp for the most part