If you had 50K, would you do it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crazy! 50k would go a long, long ways in paying off debts/mortgage... and setting a good chunk aside for the daughters savings.

for a michael jordan gem mint 86-87 fleer rookie, no doubt about it!!! and not even just me i'm speaking for, but i would bet a whole ton of people would jump on the mj.

but mike trout? ya, he's talented and probably will hold his own in years to come, but no way would i shell out $50k on a first year card.

paul

I'd put half of it into my daughter's college fund and the other into a rental property. However, if this is just fun money, I'd put it into a couple of Mantle RCs.

Id find me nice graded rc's of Nolan Ryan, Babe Ruth, Pete Rose etc etc etc before shelling it out on Trout.

IMHO, 50k for anything other than authenticated vintage is insane

A guy who used to set up locally pulled one. He decided to buy another for the heck of it. Got them both graded BGS 9.5 and had them displayed. I think he wanted $2000 or $3000 each back in 2010 and he certainly didn't seem to mind having them. Considering how much Trout rose in price at that time, I suggested that he get rid of at least one of them. I haven't seen the guy since then and everything now is just a memory.

A guy who used to set up locally pulled one. He decided to buy another for the heck of it. Got them both graded BGS 9.5 and had them displayed. I think he wanted $2000 or $3000 each back in 2010 and he certainly didn't seem to mind having them. Considering how much Trout rose in price at that time, I suggested that he get rid of at least one of them. I haven't seen the guy since then and everything now is just a memory.
So original it was someone from Los Angeles! Best regards, David