How to properly list a card on ebay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlackey

Legend
5.00 star(s)
Just curious on how to properly list a card on ebay. I have never listed one before. I have the 2012 Topps Roger Staubach auto #1/1 i want to list. Want to possibly do a buy it now option and i want to make sure i don't sell it unless it gets to a certain $ mark. Any help or instructions on how to do this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dennis

When you list an item, you can set a "reserve"-a target amount you set to ensure you receive the certain $$$ you want.

You could also use "Buy It Now", but also have a "Best Offer" option. When you set up the auction, you can select price points where it will automatically accept or decline the offers a buyer makes.

These options are made in the "Choose how you'd like to sell your item" section of the listing "form" you will fill out for the item. "Reserve" would be chosen on the "Online Auction" tab, while "Buy It Now" would be on the "Fixed Price" tab.

If you have listed less than 50 items this month, you will not be charged an insertion fee for either option mentioned above.

Here's a list of the fees:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/fees.html

All i'm seeing is a starting price and a buy it now price. Not seeing anything else about a reserve. Any help?

Thanks,
Dennis

Not sure if that ever came up but i believe i got it done with a reserve or best offer up to a certain amount. Actually got the Staubach #1/1 and the Osweiler/Weeden/Foles triple auto #10/10 listed.

Thanks,
Dennis

You may have had a "Buy It Now" on the Staubach, but it disappears when you have a bidder. If you wanted it to stay there, you would have chosen "Fixed Price" and allowed Best Offer.

Also, you do not have a reserve on the item. Right now, it's a free-running auction. If you really want to have a reserve because you don't think an auction will meet your price, I would recommend you cancel the item now and relist it. If you wait until the very end of the auction and note it won't bring what you want and cancel it then, that wold be taboo and frowned upon.

Not sure if that ever came up but i believe i got it done with a reserve or best offer up to a certain amount. Actually got the Staubach #1/1 and the Osweiler/Weeden/Foles triple auto #10/10 listed.

Thanks,
Dennis

Is it fair to cancel the auction right now as i thought i put a bottom dollar i would take on it but i can find it anywhere.

Thanks and lmk,
Dennis

I could be wrong, but should the listing say "reserve not yet met" under the current bid price?

I thought i put a buy it now price on there to begin with but i'm not finding it anywhere. Not sure what i need to do now. I seen a couple bidders on it but the buy it now offer disappeared and i can't find where i put a reserve price on there. Any help or should i just cancel it and will that affect me or my bank account that i have tied with paypal.

Thanks,
Dennis

You should not have incurred fees when you listed and there is no cancellation fees if you cancel now. Your Buy it Now went away when the first bid was placed since the first bidder bid less than your Buy It Now.

You can't add a reserve on a running auction.

I thought i put a buy it now price on there to begin with but i'm not finding it anywhere. Not sure what i need to do now. I seen a couple bidders on it but the buy it now offer disappeared and i can't find where i put a reserve price on there. Any help or should i just cancel it and will that affect me or my bank account that i have tied with paypal.

Thanks,
Dennis

I seen there would be fees but can't figure out how much they would be though.

Thanks,
Dennis

From the second link I sent you:

"Fees
Ending an auction-style listing early once it has received a bid can lead to disappointed and frustrated buyers who may be less likely to bid on listings the next time around, so you may be charged a fee if you end a listing early. This fee is equal to the final value fee (not including shipping charges) you would have paid if the listing had ended on its own and sold for the highest bid received when the seller ended the listing.

This fee is charged if you cancel bids and end an auction-style listing early without a buyer.

This fee isn't charged if you end an auction-style listing early and sell to the high bidder. (In this case, final value fees apply.)

This fee doesn't apply to listings in the Real Estate and eBay Motors vehicle categories, and the Classified Ads selling format.

Because we understand that sometimes it may be necessary to end a listing early, you won't be charged a fee for the first auction-style listing you end early (where a fee applies) per calendar year (January 1 to December 31). "

From the first link I sent you:

"Final value fee (per item)

Your first 50 auction-style listings per month

9% of the total amount of the sale"

You would pay 9% of the amount of the card when you cancel it. Just make sure you do not end it early and sell to the highest bidder.

I may just let it run. I know what i have in it $ wise and may just take my chances. He is a Cowboy so don't really want it around here anyways, lol. Will definately do some more checking and reading on how to make sure i put a reserve on there which i thought i did on this one. I remember putting a $ amoung where it said reserve.

Thanks,
Dennis