Oddball HOF Item Willie Mays!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

http://www.sportslizard.com/item/4657410

Willie Mays Game Used Bat Sawdust (Highland Mint) Game Used Sawdust Capsule from the Highland Mint Company. The Highland Mint released a Ripken photomint which included a piece of his game used bat. The photomints quickly sold out at an SRP of $300. The Highland Mint saved the sawdust from the bat and used it for an extremely limited production run of 500 capsules.

cool info though i just admit it's a wee bit confusing (they sold RIPKEN memorabilia with pieces of his bat and saved the sawdust to sell in 500 MAYS game-bat sawdust capsules ?)

usually i'd go googling but i'm short on time right now so i'll just ask - by any chance do you happen to have additional info on these (specifically did they do these "photomints" and sawdust packets for both ripken and mays ? anyone else ? how much they initially charged for the sawdust ?)

fwiw , i only see one seller on ebay with them..he has 5 left priced at 14.95 dlvd....

edit to add : i see from a quick ebay search there are indeed quite a few players : ripken , may , aaron , bonds , schmidt , gwynn , mantle , griffey , sosa , piazza , mattingly , mcgwire , ichiro , jeter , and ruth ..appear to be relative bargains , with recent ebay sales including jeter for 6.50 , ruth for 7.50 , and mantle for 9.49....

Last edited:
Always like Highland mint items , lmk if you see anything at the bucket Thanks Here in Winterport,Maine Charlie