Trade Phillies/Twins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinocc

BANNED
4.90 star(s)
BANNED
The Twins trade to the Phillies:

SP Juan Torres ML, $830k '12, $830k '13, $830k '14
SP Mario Colon ML, $1.9m '12, $2m '13, $2.5m '14 (team option)
SP Matt Scofield ML, minor lg deal, 1 option yr left
SP Max Hickman ML, minor lg deal, 2 option yrs. left
MR Francisco Rodriguez AA, minor lg deal, 3 option yrs left
MR Jose Lucero AA, minor lg deal, 2 option yrs. left
MR Sean O'Sullivan AA, minor lg deal, 3 option yrs. left
MR Brian Palmisano ML, $600k '12, $650k '13, $1.1m '14 (team option)
MR Carlos Fisher MLB, minor lg deal, 3 option yrs. left
SS Stephen Drew AAA, $1.43m '12, $1.43m '13, $2.13m '14 (team option)
CF Carl Crawford ML, $1.1m '12, $1.1m '13, $1.1m '14
RF Charlie Eaton AA, $1.5m '12, $2m '13, $2.5m '14, $5m '15 (team option)

The Phillies trade to the Twins:
1B Justin Morneau, ML, $11.8m '12, FA after

Gene, Thanks again for the trade and I hope it really helps your pitching throughout your organization!

Best wishes for 2012 BSL!

It is a lot of players but the Morneau salary is $11.8 million and all together these players still come up short. I would be cutting most of them after the spring games before the season started anyway. I am sure Gene is going to have to play that game with his rosters as well. This does help him solidify his starting rotation and give him some pitching depth throughout his organization if he can find room for them all. Morneau will be my future DH, gives me a left-handed power hitter which I desperately need in my lineup. Now, I have to find a way to cut more salary and make money this upcoming season! We shall see!

Heath, I was not trying to break a record or anything. I just had around 16 cuts to make to get all my teams under the roster limits and this was the easiest, smartest, best way to get that done and get a hitter/1B i really need!

thanks all!

Yeah, and now I have to figure out what to do with some of these guys. Going to take awhile to figure everything out!! Plus, being a NL team I really didn't have a use for a DH. I've already got a couple of decent 1B in my organization. Anyone that could use any of the guys I'm getting from the Twins -- feel free to PM me with offers.

Status
Not open for further replies.