Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

What i have been doing is wrapping the stack in a paper towel. Wrap it a few times over and over. Tape the towel don on 4 edges. Then i tape 2 top loaders (top and bottom)
    Seems to work well for me. The towell padds it great and keps the cards from slideing all around.
    I COLLECT KEN GRIFFEY JR, RYAN HOWARD, STEVE CARLTON AND THE REST OF THE PHILLIES
    MY MAIN WEB SITE:
    http://bradswebsite.synthasite.com/
    MY 1980 PHILLIES AUTO SET:
    http://youtu.be/8EWXdPxMMM4

John 3:16. For God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son so that anyone who believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

how should i send a relic card?
    [SIZE=2]
    [COLOR="#FFFFFF"]Collecting Former Fighting Sioux in the NHL autographs, Denard Span

My Site

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by twins fan View Post
    how should i send a relic card?
    Never send a GU in a PWE, always use a bubble mailer for those. Put the GU in a penny sleeve and a hard case that it fits in and tape shut. If you do not have the right size hard case you can sandwich the GU between two regular hard cases. Put the GU in a penny sleeve or even better a team bag, tape shut and then tape that to one of the hard cases on at least two sides and then tape down the hard cases on all 4 sides.
    BSL owner of the Detroit Tigers.

Creepy, unusual or scary thread

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to dms6391's ebay items

Just a little something that I like to do when taping the toploader shut...I like to fold a little piece of the tape over at the end, this way the tape can easily be peeled up, without having a toploader with tape all over it. No big deal, just something that I like to do.

And BTW, I always use a bubble mailer unless I am just trading a base card, then I it just easier to use a PWE.
    I collect:
    MLB: NY Mets and Joey Devine, always looking for Mets Topps Gold parallels
    NBA: Hornets and TJ Warren
    Former NC State players of any sport, just ask if you need a list of them.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to andrewmiller1982's ebay items

Good info to have.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to codytravis's ebay items

PLEASE DON'T USE SCOTCH TAPE!!!!

This is a fight I keep fighting - Scotch tape leaves residue that is very difficult to get off without acetone or finger-nail polish remover.

PLEASE USE BLUE PAINTERS MASKING TAPE, or some other masking tape. It is much easier to remove without the gunk!
    Collecting Indians HOFers, Indians autos, vintage Indians GU'd, Jim Thome cards, and Omar Vizquel cards.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

I just started trading this week, and I was surprised at something that happened yesterday. I had one bubble mailer - that cost about $1.14. Then I had a business size envelope with two toploaders inside (not stacked). I asked for that to be sent non-machineable. It was the same price as the bubble mailer!

Exactly what kind of PWE mailing costs .44 plus .17 non-machineable?
    Help me become a Rusty Greer Super Collector!
    Have: 486 Need: 330

My Tradelist & Wantlist: http://rustygreerfan.webs.com/
    Rusty Wantlist: http://beta.beckett.com/organize/?u=...29f7&l=1861215

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to JMN(19)'s ebay items

Quote Originally Posted by RustyGreerFan View Post
    I just started trading this week, and I was surprised at something that happened yesterday. I had one bubble mailer - that cost about $1.14. Then I had a business size envelope with two toploaders inside (not stacked). I asked for that to be sent non-machineable. It was the same price as the bubble mailer!

Exactly what kind of PWE mailing costs .44 plus .17 non-machineable?
    The kind that is thinner than 1/4 inch. Many at the post office consider anything that is rigid such as a toploader to be a parcel, many will also assume that using a manila envelope constitutes a parcel. Check my post about how I use a cut bubble envelope as a sleeve for a PWE to get me past some of the prejudices.

Must have been another thread for my method, so here goes it again. I never use a new bubble envelope, in true "green" fashion I save the ones I get and cut down the larger ones size 00 into two sleeves a little wider than a topload that will fit into a plain small white payment envelope. I can also cut the small end of a legal size envelope my mail comes in to slide my mail out and using a toploader as a guide I can cut a sleeve that I can slide a toploader into snuggly, no tape residue on the toploader! I can of course slide another couple of penny sleeved cards into this sleeve as the toploader will provide stability, then tape the end of the sleeve closed so cards and toploader don't move, these then go into the bubble sleeve which also gets taped so that there is no movement and into the payment envelope snuggly, but the flaps are taped down so it does not snag on any machine or other item that may rip it open. In my opinion it is more secure than a toploader moving loosely in a bubble envelope, plus it saves postage in a couple of ways, it often cuts down the secondary ounce weight and I generally don't have a problem of one toploader with 1-5 cards getting sent as a large envelope rate at the very least rather than a parcel.
    Last edited by JamesNevans; 06-19-2010 at 01:58 PM.
    James Nevans 2008 & 2010 BSL Champion Padres / Parallel King
    Building 93 to 95 Stadium Club 1st Day Sets & 91-94 Classic 4-Sport Autos

1500+ eBay rating! http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/jmn(19)

Sportscard site's want & trade lists http://jamesnevans.webs.com

Need a real estate expert?
    Co-wrote: "How To Make Your Realtor Get You The Best Deal" http://www.jamesnevans.com

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by dkrill View Post
    PLEASE DON'T USE SCOTCH TAPE!!!!

This is a fight I keep fighting - Scotch tape leaves residue that is very difficult to get off without acetone or finger-nail polish remover.

PLEASE USE BLUE PAINTERS MASKING TAPE, or some other masking tape. It is much easier to remove without the gunk!
    My tip, being some dislike taping the top loader because the tape can stick to the card top or leave residue on the card is take a little piece of paper... fold it over the top loader opening and put the tape over the paper adhering the tape to the front and back of the top loader.... result is top loader is sealed and no tape issue on the card as the tape is on top of the little piece of paper on the top loader opening.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

thanks for the info!

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to andrewla11's ebay items

Great tips guys. I always send cards in a penny sleeve, top loader, and team bag for added protection. I found that if you put the team bag over the top loader and close it, you wouldn't need to deal with tape. And if I'm sending out a lot of cards(15-100), I always use hard cases, never team bags. Team bags are good but the corners could still be damaged. I don't trust sandwiching cards between top loaders and/or cardboard either. They could always slip to the edges and ding the corners as well. Just my preference...
    COLLECTING YASIEL PUIG AND 2013 TOPPS UPDATE EMERALDS! 322/330 = 97.5%
    LOOKING FOR 2013 TOPPS UPDATE US250 YASIEL PUIG MAGENTA AND CYAN PRINTING PLATES.
    CURRENT TRADELIST <<<CLICK ME>>> CURRENT WANTLIST
    http://dodgersalltheway.weebly.com/

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

thanks

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to lookin4deals36's ebay items

So this thread is just common sense right? Sure glad that I use it on all trades &/or sales. BTW I hate TAPE but do accept being that some do use it.
    PC: Longoria, Tulowitzki, Kemp, Pujols, Griffey Jr, Randy Johnson, Chipper Jones, Helton, Biggio, Bagwell, Giancarlo (Mike) Stanton, Votto, Derek Jeter
    I trade by BV:

http://southernsportscards.webs.com/home
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/southe...tscards/albums

14. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Cardboard that is the size of the PWE which you can tape your toploader to is great protection and prevents the plastic top loader from ripping the envelope open in times of rough handling.....