Opinions on Topps, UD licensing deals?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bdangelo

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Hi gang,

You may have heard that Topps and Upper Deck agreed (in separate news items) to baseball card licensing deals. Topps extended its exclusive licensing deal with MLB through 2010, while the MLB Players Association granted Upper Deck a license.

Any opinions on the subject? Here are the links to the stories:

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/comments/topps-mlb-extend-licensing-agreement-through-2020/

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/comments/mlbpa-gives-upper-deck-baseball-card-license/

Bob

I dont see how I can get interested in UD without the MLB Properties license. That is part of the appeal for me. I hope that when 2021 comes around, MLB Properties will rethink this and give out a second license. Competition really does make both better.

Thanks,

Jeff

100% Agreed.

I dont see how I can get interested in UD without the MLB Properties license. That is part of the appeal for me. I hope that when 2021 comes around, MLB Properties will rethink this and give out a second license. Competition really does make both better.

Thanks,

Jeff

Have to agree with Jeff! Two should have licenses and you can always cut the number of products each of them product each year. Best regards, David PS Nice read on the article.

Some folks don't care for the pro logo...................I know last years football 2012 SP Authentic was hot.....................I saw a guy rip six boxes of it at $115 a piece................

I rarely see the plus side of an exclusive deal, unless I'm one of the parties directly involved. Have to buy certain products you may or may not like in order to get said player. Competition is good more often than not. As far as Upper Deck, if they can make a decent looking set, more power to them. Most of the non MLB licensed products I've seen I don't care for, a bit of creativity and some risk taking may result in a set I do like. I'm always willing to look at any new product