Back from the 2013 Las Vegas Industry Summit with lots of stuff! PICS INSIDE!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thedarkbrown

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
The 2013 Industry Summit is a sports cards and collectibles summit of all major players in the sports card and collectible industry. The event inlucdes manufacturers, distributors, and retailers. Retailers pay $350 each to attend.

We went for the first time and just got back yesteday. I won't bore you with specifics so if you want to know anything please ask.

To summarize, we walked away with well over $1000 worth of "stuff" that was given away to attendees as promos and prize giveaways. Here are some stuff that we left with:

• 1 box of 2012 Leaf Inscriptions (paid $80). Pulled a 1/1 printing plate of Robert Griffin III inscribed "2011 AP Player of the year"
  • 2 Panini Black Boxes - Hits were 2012 Panini Andrew Luck Auto/Patch 1/1. Any clue how much this is worth? and Emmitt Smith 2012 Black dual patch #'d 1/1
  • 12-13 Panini Timeless Treasures Basketball tin. Opened but can't remember what we pulled.
  • 2012 SP Authentic Football box
  • 2013 Topps Heritage box
  • 17 packs of 2013 Topps Series 1 packs
  • The Walking Dead Season 1 Rick's First Kill Wardrobe card #'d 001/175
  • 6 Benchwarmer Autos 2x of 3 different girls
  • 2 Frank Thomas Autos on Promo Leaf 1960 cards (plus got pictures with him)
  • 2 Signed "No Soup For You" Soup **** Photos of Larry Thomas, actor who played the soup **** in Seinfeld
  • 2013 Leaf Industry Summit exclusive Executive cut signature of Daniel Radcliffe 1/1 (he played Harry Potter for those who might not know)
  • 2013 Press Pass Platinum Cuts Inscription edition - Pulled Lou Ferrigno auto #'d/9 inscribed "Hulk"
  • Plus much much more!

I just had to share. If you have any questions about the event itself please ask!!!

Jesse

Last edited:
Is it an event that is open to the public at anytime? Also I have to ask is thawalking dead ricks first kill card available for sale? I understand if its not but gotta ask for my fiance:)

So Frank Thomas was there......Would love to get his auto on his 1990 leaf card. Best regards, David

It was a surprise appearance that wasn't announed until Leaf's corporate address. However, they said something along the lines of Frank Thomas being the face of Leaf referencing his 1990 leaf card.

You can see an example of the 1960 Leaf promo cards w/ auto here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-LEAF-FRANK-THOMAS-AUTO-1960-PREVIEW-TRADE-SUMMIT-SPECIAL-COOL-ON-CARD-/400442176671?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item5d3c36b49f

We had one where he just signed it, then another that I had inscribed "The Big Hurt"

Is it an event that is open to the public at anytime? Also I have to ask is thawalking dead ricks first kill card available for sale? I understand if its not but gotta ask for my fiance:)

No, the summit is not open to the public, it's only for retailers. The Rick Grimes is for sale. I will probably list it for 200-300 and field offers. These cards were originally included in Season 1 binders and are now extremely hard to find. This one is #'d 001/175 and was only given out at this industry summit. It also has a seam of the costume so it looks awesome!

Pics of the Luck and Walking Dead. I will post more tomorrow:

Black Box ANdrew Luck Auto/Patch 1/1:
LuckPaniniFront_zps1e9e9b08.jpg

The Walking Dead Season 1 Rick's 1st kill wardrobe card:
WalkingDeadRickGrimes_zps348ac371.jpg

I will get some pics up tomorrow. Is there anything in particular that you would like to see??
These mainly

•The Walking Dead Season 1 Rick's First Kill Wardrobe card #'d 001/175
•2 Frank Thomas Autos on Promo Leaf 1960 cards (plus got pictures with him)
•2013 Press Pass Platinum Cuts Inscription edition - Pulled Lou Ferrigno auto #'d/9 inscribed "Hulk"

These mainly

•The Walking Dead Season 1 Rick's First Kill Wardrobe card #'d 001/175
•2013 Press Pass Platinum Cuts Inscription edition - Pulled Lou Ferrigno auto #'d/9 inscribed "Hulk"

•The Walking Dead Season 1 Rick's First Kill Wardrobe card #'d 001/175 - See above

IMG_1241_zpsb8550c60.jpg

•2013 Press Pass Platinum Cuts Inscription edition - Pulled Lou Ferrigno auto #'d/9 inscribed "Hulk
LouFerrignoHulk_zpse2483ea6.jpg

Here's another cool card!

2013 Leaf Executive Collection Masterpiece Daniel Radcliffe 1 of 1
IMG_1242_zps63f8ec5b.jpg

Here's all of the stuff we got!
LVISHaul_zps020ae0e0.jpg

It was a surprise appearance that wasn't announed until Leaf's corporate address. However, they said something along the lines of Frank Thomas being the face of Leaf referencing his 1990 leaf card.

You can see an example of the 1960 Leaf promo cards w/ auto here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-LEAF-FRANK-THOMAS-AUTO-1960-PREVIEW-TRADE-SUMMIT-SPECIAL-COOL-ON-CARD-/400442176671?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item5d3c36b49f

We had one where he just signed it, then another that I had inscribed "The Big Hurt"

Saw Frank Thomas at a tri-star show about 4 or 5 years ago.....wanted him to inscribe the big hurt and he said....couldn't do it. Best regards, David

Saw Frank Thomas at a tri-star show about 4 or 5 years ago.....wanted him to inscribe the big hurt and he said....couldn't do it. Best regards, David

That stinks! He must've been under some sort of contract at the time. Interestingly enough, Upper Deck also had him signing for their diamond dealers. Leaf announced him first and held their signing first. Don't know what was up with that.

Oh, and to add to the list of stuff that we got, my wife won an uncut sheet from Topps (don't know which sport or product yet), and a Lebron James floor card from Cardboard Connection, both via twitter.