Do You Trade On Beckett?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88 Dezgirl 88

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Just wanted to see if anyone traded on Beckett as well and if you have gotten quite a few trades done. Before I sink a ton of time into updating my collection on the site for trades, just wanted to get other perspectives. :)

- Tanya

I use to trade on Beckett site along time ago (7 years ago) ....but it was not safe place at the time and of course there was no trade manager to monitor your trades. Best regards, David

I'd like to echo David's sentiments. Before I joined The Bench, that was the only trading platform I was aware of. No trade manager. When they took away the "Trader's Page", I let my subscription run out. Occasionally, I check out the boards there from time to time and it seems that the inmates run the asylum. Little civility and no moderators to control things.

Used to a long time ago. But there were several traders that didn't send their ends of trades and you had no
way to get your cards. So glad I found the Bench.

I use to in 07' till the site changeover. Worse thing they've ever done. To show your references you just copied and pasted every ones screen name in your signature lol.

I use to trade on there before the horrible change over in 07. I made the baseball trader hall of fame which was exciting. The people who ran that sire broke something that didnt need to be fixed. Sad. I have been on a hiatus from the hobby for a couple of years but thinking about getting back into it.

I just went to sign up there and realized I signed up in 2010 but didn't do anything with my account. Created a topic looking for Sheffield, not really looking to switch sites. I'm fine with the layout, just shopping around over there. Thanks

Like others here, I traded on beckett for years...until they changed. Now I trade here and on www.sportscardforum.com (may want to give them a try)

good luck, john

Interesting. It obviously isn't as good as The Bench, but seems like it has a pretty cool search function for needs. The security is what is troubling though. Don't seem to have much to go on in the way of keeping your trades safe. :/

- Tanya

I'm not even quite sure how trading on here (thebench) goes and I've been trading for years here. If a trade goes bad are you covered in any way?

I'm not even quite sure how trading on here (thebench) goes and I've been trading for years here. If a trade goes bad are you covered in any way?

The moderators do all of the contacting with the other trader trying to get your side of the trade (cards or money) returned to you. If they can't or the other person stops or does not reply....then yes..you don't get your stuff back...but the other trader is banned from this site. Best regards, David