Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29 35 36 37 38 39
    Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

cmcjr99 - You're right, I did word that in a confusing way and for that I do apologize.

While I have not been on site for a couple of years I did used to manage this place and was a well established trader. I stopped collecting and life got really busy so I resigned from my position here and stopped dropping in. In terms of all this "not being able to reach me stuff" I have no idea about that, many Bench members I'm friends with on Facebook and/or I text with randomly. Two people contacted me about this thread in the last 2 days and here I am.

The auction house did not refuse to sell the set, they just mentioned that if we wanted to maximize the sale it would be best to have it be complete and in mint shape. I tend to agree with that opinion but since this set is so rare it's hard to say really how much that could change the end result of an auction.

I'm a good guy and am doing nothing shady. I have all the cards here and have been storing them and keeping them as safe as I can over the course of three different moves--soon to be a fourth. As I believe I have stated before, I would really prefer to complete the set before selling it but will go along with whatever the current management decides.

If anyone feels that I should not be storing these cards anymore for whatever reason just send me some money for shipping and I will be happy to free up the space
    BSL owner of the Detroit Tigers.

Creepy, unusual or scary thread

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

He's alive!!! Welcome back Matt, if not for just a quick pop in.
    WANTS
    (1) Steve Garvey items (2)Topps All-Rookie Team Autos

BLOG
    http://1978theyearitallbegan.blogspot.com/

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Hey Matt,,How come you never got back to me. Not only did I send you PM's but I wrote you 2 or Mabey 3 letters and sent them directly to your house . And as for getting money donations to move the cards, don't you have a lot of extra YSL' s that you could sell on eBay ? Or evan the special gifts that Upper Deck sent out .It has been to long with this project .I for one say sell it now."Ask the members what they want to do .
    Leon
    Leon

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to tigger0008's ebay items
    Go to David K.'s comc items

Ditto on the sell it now. Those last two....been searching for over a few years and nothing.....even offered on another site....$20.00 per missing card and it had no takers. Happy New Year! David
    In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

This is not a set of 1952 Topps. Its a huge ugly modern set, even the guy that put it together only did it for the UD prize. I know he had it on ebay. Anybody know if it sold and for how much? I would think looking at what you could get for it as is maybe the way to go. One last thing is there a market for it?

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by mrmopar View Post
    He's alive!!! Welcome back Matt, if not for just a quick pop in.
    Good Mark Twain quote should go here Most likely just popping in for a bit until we get all this YSL stuff settled.

Quote Originally Posted by LEONOFNJ View Post
    Hey Matt,,How come you never got back to me. Not only did I send you PM's but I wrote you 2 or Mabey 3 letters and sent them directly to your house . And as for getting money donations to move the cards, don't you have a lot of extra YSL' s that you could sell on eBay ? Or evan the special gifts that Upper Deck sent out .It has been to long with this project .I for one say sell it now."Ask the members what they want to do .
    Leon
    Leon
    Well, any PM's you sent me I would not have seen since I was not coming to the site at all. As far as mail goes I don't know. I have moved a lot in the past few years so maybe it didn't make it to the right house or wasn't forwarded correctly by the PO? Not responding to you was not done on purpose in any way.

I do have extras of the YSL and they do sell decently on Ebay from what I can tell--I currently do not have an Ebay account though. I still have the extra prizes UD sent me but I promised we would give those out to the members that had the highest number of card donations so I would like to keep it that way if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by David K. View Post
    Ditto on the sell it now. Those last two....been searching for over a few years and nothing.....even offered on another site....$20.00 per missing card and it had no takers. Happy New Year! David
    Happy New Year to you as well David! Nice to see you still destroying the post and trade numbers here

Quote Originally Posted by budd2222 View Post
    This is not a set of 1952 Topps. Its a huge ugly modern set, even the guy that put it together only did it for the UD prize. I know he had it on ebay. Anybody know if it sold and for how much? I would think looking at what you could get for it as is maybe the way to go. One last thing is there a market for it?
    It did sell and if I remember correctly it went for around 20k, I believe he put about 15k into making the set so a nice profit. I'm not sure we could get that high for it but I believe there is a market for it still. Maybe a nice place like Heritage auction house might attract a higher type collector and garner a decent bit of change?

Side note--Back in the day a Mod here supposedly got an Email from Spawn creator Todd McFarlane (huge baseball collector) asking how close we were to completing the set. I never saw the Email though and that Mod later on ended up getting banned from The Bench, so looking back who knows. I guess it might not hurt for me to try and contact McFarlane somehow and see if there is any interest....ugh, this means I'll have to tweet I bet.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Hey Matt, What is your new address so I can send you the #1131 that I have .
    Leon

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by LEONOFNJ View Post
    Hey Matt, What is your new address so I can send you the #1131 that I have .
    Leon
    Matthew Nyman
    241 Springbrook Trail S
    Oswego,IL 60543

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Matt,Have you ever gotten in touch with that Todd McFarlane guy yet to see if he is interested in the YSL set ?

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Auction this thing already! At this rate, completing it in mint condition will never happen.
    WANTS
    (1) Steve Garvey items (2)Topps All-Rookie Team Autos

BLOG
    http://1978theyearitallbegan.blogspot.com/

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by mrmopar View Post
    Auction this thing already! At this rate, completing it in mint condition will never happen.
    I am going to say that you a right. Just guessing that the missing cards were inserted in super high end boxes they had at that time. I saw a few get busted with everything not a auto or GU went in the trash. Would bet most of the missing cards are in unopened boxes or in a landfill. What you have now will help people now, the set in a box some place helps no one.