Bowman Baseball Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dankir96

MVP
5.00 star(s)
So 2013 Bowman Baseball releases today and that's great. What I don't understand is why is it so expensive? I know there will be the first ever rookie cards of some prospects, but $80 for Hobby & $170 for Jumbo boxes?? I really like Bowman cards, but I don't think I can spend that much on cards. Your thoughts please....

Demand. Greed. Inflation of manufacturer costs and licenses. Mainly greed. People buy anyway

$80 seems like a bit much, I pre-ordered mine online for about $65 a box. There is a pretty decent autograph crop in this year's set so perhaps that's driving the box price up. Jumbo boxes are usually produced at a level below the actual demand so their prices go sky high.

Richard

Demand, plain and simple. Popular set, lots of rookies, autographs of some of the best prospects, Chrome, colored refractors, 65th anniversary promotion and some newer twists (up to 25 top prospects autographed on one card, autographed box toppers, etc) looks like Blowout, Dave and Adam's, Pittsburgh sports all have them $65-70/box. With shipping I'm guessing you're probably pretty close to $80, the Jumbo seem to be pretty consistently in the $170 range, usually those have better odds and now they have even more exclusive cards than I remember a few years back. People wait for this stuff to hit year after year.