High End Box Advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bravesfansunite

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
I'm probably going to plunk down a bit of cash for a high end box when I order my Series 2 Topps boxes. I know I'm not likely to get the value out of it, but I like to take the gamble once or twice a year. Anyone got any advice on which box to go for? I like superstars over prospects. So which should I pick? Museum Collection, Tribute, last year's Triple Threads, or is there another box from the past you would recommend?

Theres a really high product coming again this year 2013 topps 5 stars .....I believe its about $500 per pack!! or you could gamble and take the 2012 topps five star pack. Best regards, David

Theres a really high product coming again this year 2013 topps 5 stars .....I believe its about $500 per pack!! or you could gamble and take the 2012 topps five star pack. Best regards, David

I totally do not recommend any five star garbage. It's very hit or miss and every card has edge chipping. We opened a case (3 boxes) and our best card was a Yu Darvish that sold for 145. If you are going to spend $500 get yourself 2 boxes of tribute and have yourself a good time! Nice looking, high quality cards and a good mix of superstars and rookies.

Last edited:
I've always been a fan of stuff like 1999 UD signature series, 2001 Topps Archive or Archives reserve, All Time Fan Favorites, Upper Deck Legends, etc. Maybe not as high end as you were thinking, but I like the designs, the auto checklist is solid, and the big autographs themselves can be a lot nicer signatures since they players signing were 10-15 years younger. But that's me, I'm not much into game used for the most part, so those 'hits' are nothing I get too excited about.

Ok, I think I'm going to go old school instead of the new stuff and get a box of 2003 Topps Retired Signature Edition. Even if it busts out, I'll still have 5 autographs of retired baseball players or hall of famers, so I'll be happier with that than if I busted out with some rookie prospect that may never pan out.