Took me 10 years, but I finally finished a set.... 2002 Donruss Classics Baseball

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thedarkbrown

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
To be fair, I wasn't actively seeking the cards I needed the whole time, and it's not a master set, but still. I like that it's finally finished. It doesn't have any huge cards. Cards 101-225 are all #'d to 1500.

This 200 card standard-size was issued in June, 2002. An additional 25 update cards were seeded into Donruss the Rookies packs distributed in December, 2002. The basic set was released in six card packs which came in two nine-pack mini boxes per full box. The full boxes were issued four boxes to a case and had an SRP of $6 per pack. Cards 1-100 feature veteran active players, while cards 101-150 feature rookies and prospects and cards 151-200 feature retired greats. Cards numbered 101-200 were all printed to a stated print run of 1500 sets and were released two cards per mini-box (or 4 per full box of 18 packs). Update cards 201-225 were also serial-numbered to 1500.

Includes all base, rookies and prospects, retired, and the 25 updated rookies, card #'s 1-225.

It's a nice set. I haven't seen any full ones for sale, and that includes the 200 card sets, never mind the 225 card set. Last card I needed was Mattingly, that I found on COMC. I accidentally purchased another Eckersley, which I forgot I bought already.

I remember trading for a few of these here on The Bench, way back in the day.

Thanks everyone! I still have some other sets I have been working on for quite a while but don't even know the status since I haven't worked on them in so long. Some sets include 2003 Topps Gallery HOF, 2002-2005 Diamond Kings with all SPs and updates, 2007/2008 UD Masterpieces, 2003 Donruss Timber and Threads.

Cards took a back seat for a while. I deal with a lot of cards now but for our business, but not much collecting anymore. Simply don't have the time. When I do have time to deal with cards it's all for the business.